22

Derek didn't have the decency to apologize. Instead, his teammates and Ayumi apologized for him.

They bowed low in front of me muttering their apologies.

"In behalf of Derek, we're sorry. He didn't mean to say that," Ayumi said with her head low.

How can you say he doesn't mean it? I'm extremely sure he was, "It's okay and I would've appreciated it if he were the one to apologize. You guys aren't the one in fault. You shouldn't take someone's burden and claim it as yours."

Hudson sighed, "Well that's the thing. He doesn't apologize, and since we're the kind and caring members, we apologize for him."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Beside me, Tony squeezed my hand and nodded his head.

I sighed, "Okay," I said and held out my hand.

Ayumi gratefully accepted it and beamed at me, "Thank you very much, Sophie!"

I gave her a small smile before retreating my hand, "Alright. I have to go now. I'll see you guys at dinner."

Ayumi nodded enthusiastically, "Yes! Oh and sit with us!"

I pursed my lips, "Um . . . I don't know."

Ayumi pouted, "Come on, please?"

"I—"

"Don't force her, Ayumi," Tony stated, "If she doesn't want to, then don't push her. Give her a little space."

I smiled gratefully at him.

Damien rolled his eyes, "Right. Like the way you're giving her space," he stated and motioned to out intertwined hands.

We quickly let go with heat coating our cheeks. I kept my hands to myself, trying to ignore my temptation of holding his hand once again. My hand was left cold at the loss of the contact.

Tony laughed nervously, "I—I can explain."

Hudson smirked and shook his head, "Don't worry, bro. Disappointing, really. Kinda liked the chick."

Damien chuckled, "You better not let the others know. The boss'll kill you."

"Oh and what about Derek?" Ayumi asked, "he just said he owns you."

Tony looked at me with questioning eyes.

"I honestly don't know what he was talking about," I replied, true to my words.

Ayumi sighed and shook her head, "That guy causes so much trouble."

I smiled at the girl. I didn't know if she felt responsible for the acts of that stubborn devil but she really shouldn't.

"Why are you apologizing for him, Ayumi? I can understand why Hudson and Damien are here, but you?" I shook my head.

She laughed awkwardly, "Well, that's just how things are. He does something stupid, I apologize for him. I do something stupid, he scolds me like my mother."

That's when I remembered that they were being shipped. I almost shed sone tears of sympathy for the girl because of being linked to that devil.

There were a few moments of silence when no one else knew what to say.

Tony cleared his throat, "Well, we best be going now," he said and looked at me. He gave me a smile and took my hand. He placed a kiss tenderly on my knuckles and eyed me, "I'll see you when I see you."

A smile crept on my lips at the familiar gesture. If I was in my right mind, I would've scolded him for acting all formal while pretending to be someone who isn't.