24

The hall was filled with people. There were five guards at the front who were looking at everyone one by one before they let them go. Two palace guards stayed at the back, silently observing the inspection.

Their bright blue uniforms and red sash across their chests were evident as I scan the crowd. The people looked bored as they waited in line for the inspection.

At the other side of the room with his arms crossed was our boss, Samuel, who was scanning the crowd as though looking for someone.

And that someone was obviously me and Tony.

"Let's get this over with," Psyche stated and pulled me to the line.

"There's a line at each guard," Hudson commented.

"We aren't blind, genius," Derek told him.

"Then let's go to the line with the least people," Tony suggested.

Amadeus strolled forward without another word. Adrian and Alyssa followed him. The others followed and I noticed that Heather stayed at the back.

Was she trying to avoid Amadeus?

Amadeus led us to the line with the least people and waited in line. Since we were nineteen, the line instantly became long because of us. I was behind Psyche who was behind Adrian who was behind our leader who was behind Amadeus who was behind of six people.

"Next," the guard bellowed.

The next person went in front full with boredom.

"Name?" The guard asked.

"Aisha Tremor," the woman replied.

The guard muttered the name to the man in white beside him. The man typed something into his laptop then nodded at the guard, "Citizenship confirmed. Code 25."

My heart pounded quicker, "They're going to check our citizenship?" I whispered to Psyche.

She shrugged, "I think it's an effective way to know where the former prince and lady is."

I pursed my lips and glanced discreetly at Tony's way. He had the same look of fear in his eyes but he hid it well.

I took a deep breath, never show a thing you feel inside.

The line was moving fasted than what I was hoping for. Luck isn't on my side.

"Amadeus Salesbury," Amadeus stated.

"Confirmed, code 13."

"Aliciana Summers," Alyssa stated.

"Confirmed, code 30."

"Adrian Wang."

"Confirmed, code 17."

"Psyche de Caprio."

"Confirmed, code 1."

I took a deep breath, "Sophie Reese."

The man in white typed the name then frowned when a beep sounded, "Denied."

My heart pounded fastly as the guard glared at me, "Who are you?"

I gulped, "I'm from France. I was transferred here to train," I said.

The guard raised an eyebrow and turned to the man in white, "What are we going to do with her?"

"I'm going to contact the king of France and confirm her identity," the man answered, "though this might take a while since I still have to wait for the reply."