29

Chapter 29

//Skinny Love - Birdy//

//Isn't She Lovely - Harry Styles//

It's been a month since we swam with dolphins. The hate has gotten worse lately. It's really getting to me now. Harry tries to tell me things are alright, he loves me no matter what, stuff like that, but that's not what I'm really worried about.

I'm worried about me.

I've scaled back on meals, I've cried myself to sleep multiple times, I've cut myself a couple of times. I've gotten depressed.

Right now I'm at the sound check with the boys. Abby, Cara, and I are on stage. We start are usual cartwheel contest and once again, I lose.

"Cara comes in first, Abby pulling a close second, and little Payne, brings up the rear." Zayn says.

"How does it feel to lose to an 11 year old Leah?" Louis says.

"Well, in my defense she's almost 12." I say with a light laugh.

"And there we have it Leeeeeeeeeeah Payne!" Louis yells.

The boos from outside are earth shattering. I bite my lip trying to keep myself from crying, breaking the skin. Louis rubs my back and I smile.

"I'm fine Lou." I say quietly.

"You sure?" he asks and I smile.

"Yeah, I'm ok Tommo." I say and he smiles back.

"We're letting everyone in. 5 seconds of summer is on in 20." Our stage manager Jim says. Everyone walks off stage quietly. The boys go get their last minute touch ups while me, Cara, and Abby sit backstage.

About a half hour in the boys are all on stage together.

"Cara, I'm not feeling good. I'm gonna head back to the hotel." I say and she nods.

"Ok, you want me to come with?" she asks.

"No, I'll be ok." I say with a small smile.

"Ok, feel better hun." she says with a sad smile and I nod.

"Thanks." I say before walking away.

I leave the building and get one of the drivers to take me back to the hotel. I thank him as I step out and he drives off.

Once in the room I pack all of my clothes away and wipe my eyes. I look around the room and notice a notepad on the coffee table. I decide to pick it up and start writing. I finish the letter and look down at the now tear stained paper biting my bottom lip before grabbing my bags.

"Ms. Styles?" the lady at the front desk calls and I stop dead in my tracks.

"Hmm?" I say turning around.

"Are you and Mr. Styles checking out?" she asks.

"No, only I'm leaving, um, family emergency you could say." A family of me, myself, and I.

"Oh, sorry for the inconvenience darling." she says with a warm smile and I nod.

I get the same driver to drive me to the airport and am scheduled for a flight for 7:45 pm. A couple of people recognize me but leave me alone. I see a couple of flashes but choose to ignore them as I sit in a chair waiting for my flight to be boarded. It should be boarding soon.

"Flight 385 headed for London England is now boarding at gate 17." I hear over the loudspeaker.

I walk to the gate and board the plane taking a window seat in first class.