5 - I owe you an explanation.

Kaitlyn Brown

I stand there in shock, trying to process everything she just said. I thought i knew her better than anyone, i thought she shared everything with me. Everything about her family, everything about her mom's death, following her dad's second marriage, her step mom, her step sisters, her father's death after that, yeah you heard that right she was like the second Cinderella i knew, except that her step mom treated her better than the real Cinderella. Then it hits me. I come back to reality. I see Lex sobbing down, I've never seen her cry so much before. She needs me now. I'm the only one she has, and i broke her, I'm the worst friend in the whole world. I sit down holding her.

"Shushh babe. Everything's alright i got you. Stop crying, please. I'm really sorry for yelling at you like that. I really am." I pull her towards me. She looks at me with her blood shot red eyes. She hugs me tightly.

"I'm sorry kate. I shouldn't have yelled like that. I'm really sorry for everything you saw and heard right now, please don't cry. Please" she finally speaks, wiping my tears. I never realised when i started to cry along with her.

"No Lex I'm sorry for forcing you into this, i should've understood you're feelings. I'm sorry for breaking you like this. I know I'm the worst person right now." i speak.

"P-Please l-lets go home. NOW." she says between the sobs, then i realise we are still in the classroom but fortunately there's no one here.

"Yeah sure lex." Is all i say, pulling here towards me, shit she cant even stand by her own and its because of me. I'll never forgive myself for this. Never.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

On the way lex seemed much better, her tears were all dried up, visible on her face. We kept quite, not uttering a single word. There were many things going on in my mind. Liam Payne was her best friend? but why don't they talk about it? What are they hiding? why do they act like total strangers? And today was the first day they met each other, they acted quite normal. I needed answers, but not right now. I needed to wait for the right time.

After reaching the apartment, which Alex and myself shared. We sat on the couch. I recommended to watch a movie which would cheer us up. I made popcorn for the both of us. I could see Lex feeling much better, As we argued on which movie should we watch. We ended up watching Hannah Montana's movie The Climb at last, which was my idea. Don't get me wrong i love Miley's character in the movie. It gives such good vibes. I felt the movie would lightened up our mood and was sure it would bring back the vibe as Lex loved the songs in that movie. Plus Lex never wins in any argument with me.

The movie started. Me and Lex sang all the songs and also danced for some, giggling at each other during the movie. See i told you it would lighten the mood. As the movie got over she was yelling the last song of the movie, holding the remote as her microphone acting like a total rock star. Did i tell you she sings like an angle. Well yes she does, with most beautiful voice I've ever heard .

"Woah Lex slow down there, i don't want you to break something or most probably break yourself right now" i speak. She stops realising i was right. Well I'm always right *winks*. She then comes up to me and gives me her bear hug.

"I owe you a lot of explanation kate" it almost comes as a whisper.

"Lexy you don't have to talk about it, if, you're not comfortable, it's okay I understand." she sits up straight, facing me.

"No kate, i cant always hide this from you, and i kinda knew that the truth would come out soon the day I saw him." she speaks and i nod, encouraging her to continue.

"So i knew Li since i was born, we were family friends, we grew up with each other, We did everything together. He stayed next door and he would always come home to play with me. Everything was perfect, until my mum passed away when i was eight." tears started to form in her eyes. She looked down hiding them, but her voice cracked up.