7 - He remembered

Alexandra Watson

I woke up finding my whole body throbbing with pain especially my head. I opened my eyes finding myself not in my bed. This place was totally different from my room. I look towards the ceiling and it completely white. Am I dead it's this heaven? I turn towards my right and find a monitor and then I look around realising that I was in the hospital. What the hell happened why am I at the hospital lying on a bed. This is not even my clothes. I try to get up, but pain soon takes over by body.

"Ow, it hurts" I manage to mumble.

"Hey, it's alright, you met with an accident and then became unconscious honey, just lie down and don't move much" the nurse who's unbelievably gorgeous comes up to me and carefully holds me helping me lie down.

Now I remember everything. It was me and Liam playing with each other in the rain and then I ran, he chased me and then. Oh My God. He called me Andy, yes I remember he called me Andy. Then everything went blur. Did I get hit? Did he bring me to the hospital? Where's Kate? Shit.

"Excuse me, do you know who brought me here and how long have I been here?" I ask the nurse.

"You've been here the whole night, I think you're boyfriend brought you here. He waited here the whole night, he kept crying and had a mental breakdown. Saying that he could not afford to lose you again, that if was his fault, yeah something like that I presume. I think he is in the cafeteria." She says.

"Thanks, um he's not my boyfriend by the way, he's just my best friend, could you just inform him that I'm awake now. Please" I say not believing what she just said. I need to see Liam. I hope he's fine. Why did he even stay here the whole night. He should have gone home and slept, and maybe called Kate to look after me.

"Yeah sure, I was just going out anyways I need to inform the doctors that you're awake".

"Thanks Miss-" I look towards her badge, but unable to read her name from as it was very tiny.

"Mrs Johnson, but you can call me Rachel." she smiles showing the ring in her hand. Mrs, wow she seems so young to be married.

"Thanks Rachel, you have a beautiful smile though." I say smiling back.

"Awh nothing compared to yours". She says walking outside. I close my eyes ignoring the pain in my body.

The door burst open and I open my eyes finding Liam coming over and holding my hands. He's wearing the same clothes from yesterday.

"Alex how are you feeling. Are you hurting? Do you want me to get something for you? Are you hungry?" He ask. I look at him seeing the dark circles underneath his eyes. Indicating he didn't sleep the whole night.

"No I'm alright. You need sleep Liam" I say.

"This all my fault I shouldn't have diverted your attention when you went towards the road. Ugh I hate myself for doing this to you. I'm so sorry." He says panicking.

"Hey it's okay. It's not your you're fault Li. Look I'm alright, Don't you dare blame yourself for this."I say holding his hands.

"How can I not blame myself, it's all my fault. That car hit you right in front of my eyes and I couldn't do anything, I just stood there watching you get hit. I'll never forgive myself for this." He says looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"Li it's not your fault, it was mine for running like an idiot without thinking about the consequence. You did bring me to the hospital and stayed awake the whole night I should be grateful for what you did for me and-"

"I thought I lost you Andy" he says cutting me off. Everything stops for me. I can't hear anything else. I wasn't dreaming when he called me Andy, he looks down his voice sounding so week, it almost comes out like a whisper making my heart skip a beat.