Chapter 1

"Arcee to Optimus, the Cons are back! Cliff might be neck deep in scrap!", I hear Arcee shout over the com-link. It startled me awake as with no one finding anything, it was quiet. I sigh softly.

They have a conversation about being scattered across different time zones and whatnot before Optimus orders Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee back to base.

"AuraStorm, groundbridge Ratchet and I back to base", he orders me.

"Got it!", I say before opening a bridge to Ratchet's coordinates and then Optimus' immediately after Ratchet gets back. As soon as Optimus bridges back, the last three come into the base.

I open a bridge to Cliffjumpers coordinates at Optimus' command and listen as they find whatever it is they find.

Ratchet spoke first. "An untapped energon deposit."

"What's left of it." That was Bulkhead.

"The first Decepticon activity in three years." Ratchet again.

"That we know of. If they're scouting for energon, they must be preparing for his return", came Optimus' response. I knew what he meant by 'his'. Megatron's been gone for three years. Don't know where he's been or why but we know that Starscream has been in charge for those three years.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Arcee. "No", she whispers. I immediately freeze, assuming the worst.

"Ratchet, can you track his position?", Optimus asks. A pause.

"No", Ratchet breathed before delivering devastating news. "Cliffjumpers life signal... just went offline."

I freeze and immediately open a bridge before Optimus asks for one. They all enter solemnly and I look at Arcee, knowing she's already lost one partner to the Cons. She just stared at the ground, cradling a horn that belonged to Cliffjumper. I sighed softly before walking over to Arcee and resting a hand on her shoulder. She immediately pulled away. I sigh, knowing it's the grief of losing her partner. It probably didn't help that she liked him...

We went to the roof where Optimus gave a small speech.

"We must not allow our anger over the lost of Cliffjumper to impair our judgement. As of today only we five Autobots remain on this Earth. We owe it to ourselves to the memory of Cybertron, to any Autobots in any Galaxies seeking safe harbour, to humankind. And we owe it to the memory of our fallen comrade to survive." As Optimus talked, Arcee came to the middle of our circle and placed the only piece of Cliffjumper we have left. As she started to walk away, Optimus called to her.

She spoke bitterly as she walked away. "If Cliff's gone standing around here sulking won't bring him back. So unless anyone minds I think I'll get back to protecting humankind." She drove off and Ratchet started talking to Optimus.

"Optimus, helping humans will only result in more tragedy", he says.

"Your opinion is noted", Optimus responds. I went down with the rest of the group to inside the base and went to my room. I lay down on the berth and fall asleep thinking of all my memories with Cliffjumper.

When I wake up, it's the middle of the night and I just have this feeling that I need to escape from the base. I felt trapped and I needed to get out. I run out of my room and out to the main room of the base where Ratchet was working. He saw me and my panicked expression and knew immediately what to do as this was not the first time this had happened.

He opened the bridge to the same coordinates that I gave him from the first time this happened. I went through the bridge, running like I'm trying to escape something and as soon as I get out into the forest, I feel like someone else is supposed to be here. It's not the first time this has happened. I always search the surrounding area to see if someone is here but tonight, I didn't. I just relaxed.