Chapter 12

I smile as I introduce Nebula. She was a bit nervous but my father and Arcee remember her. She relaxes slightly and I introduce to the rest of the team.

"Nebula, come meet the rest of the team", I pull her over to Bulkhead and Bumblebee.

"This is Bulkhead and Bumblebee", I say with a smile.

"Hi. I'm Nebula", she says quietly with a smile.

"I'm Bulkhead", said mech introduces himself.

Bee buzzes something but as per usual, I don't understand him.

"Um... I'm sorry, I don't understand you...", Nebula says and looks away. Bee looks sad and I give him a sad look. "It's okay, Nebula. I can't understand him either..."

Nebula smiles softly before I introduce her to the last mech on the team that she didn't already know.

"This is Ratchet", I say with a smile. "He taught me almost everything I know."

Nebula was about to start talking but Ratchet interrupted. "Aura, I'm busy." I look taken aback before I frown.

"With what?", I ask skeptically.

"Something", he retorts.

"Can I help?", I ask, since he usually always has me help with whatever he's doing.

"No."

"Why not? You've always let me help you before."

"Look, just leave me alone!", Ratchet snaps. "Go hang out with your friend."

"Fine! I will!", I shout and storm off, Nebula trailing behind me. I stop in the hallway and yell angrily. It echoed throughout the base but I didn't care. I lean against the wall and sink down to the floor, pulling my knees up to my chassis.

Nebula comes up beside me and sits down. We sit in silence for a little bit before I speak.

"What did I do wrong? All I wanted to do was help. He always lets me help. What was different this time...?", I whisper to myself, not expecting an answer. I didn't get one. I sigh softly and get up and go to my berth room.

I start crying. "If only you knew Ratchet... I love you too much..." Saying that reminded me of a song and I started singing it.

"I love you too much
To live without you loving me back
I love you too much
Heaven's my witness and this is a fact
I know I belong
When I sing this song
There's love above love and it's ours 
Cause I love you too much

"I live for your touch
I whisper your name night after night
I love you too much 
There's only one feeling and I know it's right
I know I belong
When I sing this song
There's love above love and it's ours
Cause I love you too much

"Heaven knows your name I've been 
Praying to have you 
Come here by my side
Without you a part of me's missing
Just to make you my own I will fight

"I love you too much!
I love you too much
Heaven's my witness and this is a fact
You live in my soul
Your heart is my goal
There's love above love and it's mine
Cause I love you
There's love above love and it's yours
Cause I love you
There's love above love and it's ours 
If you love me
As much."

I sigh quietly, trying hard not to cry again. I hear a crash outside my door and I raise an eyebrow. I open my door to see Ratchet on the floor.

"What are you doing here?", I ask.

"Uh... I... I was just... uh... walking past when I.... uh... suddenly... tripped", Ratchet fumbles. I look at him, not believing him. He chuckles nervously and I roll my optics. I start to close my door but he scrambles up.

"Wait!!", he shouts and I pause, looking at him.

"I'm sorry... about earlier... I just...", he pauses and sighs, looking down at the floor. "I was jealous. One of your closest friends showed up after several years and I thought you would be spending more time with her than..." he trails off.

I smile softly before hugging him. "I forgive you, Ratchet."

He tenses up before relaxing and hugging me back.

"Aww!!", a familiar female voice says and I hear a click.

"Miko!!", I exclaim and pull away from Ratchet. "I thought you were supposed to be at home...?"

"I snuck out. Nothing new", Miko shrugs. I gape at her before shaking my head.

"Miko, you are one crazy girl", I say. She grins at me. "I know." She runs off down the hall and laughs like a maniac. I laugh and shake  my head before turning to face Ratchet.

"You should get back to work", I say with a smile. He nods.

"Do you want to come work with me?", he asks. I shake my head.

"Nah. I'm going to recharge because I'm tired", I say.

He nods and walks down the hall. "Oh, and Ratchet?", I call. He turns to look at me. "I'll always make time for you." He quickly turns and walks even faster down the hall. I laugh before going to my room and falling asleep.