Chapter 4

It's been a little less than two weeks since I went off on my own and so far, I've been nothing but miserable. I actually enjoyed my meetings with Megatron! I don't even know why... I'm an idiot that's why. The daughter of the leader of the Autobots was meeting with the leader of the Decepticons. And now he's dead. I miss my meetings with him.

After a lot more battling with myself, I finally get a distraction. Ratchet sent me a message. "Optimus is sick with the Cybonic plague." I freeze before turning off my signal blocker and I instantly send Ratchet a message. "Open a bridge to my coordinates."

Ratchet does, and I run through and see my father laying on a berth, rust around his right optic.

"Optimus...", I whisper.

"Aura-", I cut him off. 

"I'm here, Papa. I'm never leaving you again...", I whisper softly as I move closer to him.

"Wait, what?", Miko exclaims. Ratchet then explains to the humans that, yes, Optimus is my father.

They try to figure out if there's a cure to the Cybonic plague which Optimus says that there is no cure. Jack brought up a good point of if Megatron created it, would he not have a cure for it?

I instantly looked up. "He would have a cure. Just in case he got sick."

"For the moment, we still have a fix on the Decepticon warship", Ratchet says.

"Bumblebee, come with", Arcee says.

"I'm coming with too", I say as I stand up.

Arcee nods and Ratchet says, "Arcee, quickly."

We hurry through the ground bridge, but soon have to hide from Knockout. He passes, and we rush into the lab. Arcee starts researching while I keep guard with Bumblebee. He goes over to another door and looks through a window. 

He then motions me over there while Arcee argues with Ratchet. I look through the window and gasp. "It's Megatron...", I whisper.

Arcee comes and looks at it after yelling at Bumblebee and she tells Ratchet it's Megatron. She's about to shoot off the life support but Ratchet stops her.

"Wait! Don't!", he exclaims.

"One good reason, fast", Arcee says as she charges up her gun.

"Megatron may be Optimus' only hope for survival."

Ratchet and Arcee converse while I just stare at Megatron. What happened to him?

"Ratchet, I would lay down my life for Optimus. Anytime, anywhere. But a mind/body split?", she shudders.

"I'll do it", I volunteer. Bee and Arcee look at me in surprise.

"He's my father. I'll do anything to save him", I say. I also added in my mind that I also wanted to talk to Megatron again.

Arcee found what we needed and we hid in a crevice below the floor.  Before Arcee joined us though, she attached one end of the cortical psychic patch to Megatron's head. She then joined us and attached the other end to my head.

I felt a weird tugging on my brain and didn't fight it. Soon I came to place that looked vaguely familiar. I realized it was Kaon, in Megatron's brain.

"It's Kaon", I say. I see Optimus standing, looking just fine and I instantly knew that it wasn't the real Optimus.

I watch from behind a rock as Optimus faced off with Megatron.

"Optimus, your Autobot armies are defeated. Bow before your new master", Megatron says.

"Never, Megatron", Optimus says as he transforms his servo into blades. "One shall stand, one shall fall."