Chapter 16

I wake up and my surroundings are unfamiliar. I'm laying on the ground, with Ratchet next to me, working on something.

"Ratchet?", I question groggily.

"Aura! You're awake", he exclaims.

I nod before noticing Wheeljack isn't with us. "Where's Wheeljack?"

"He went to face off Soundwave and get the relic", Ratchet says.

I face palm. "Oh, he's an idiot. Soundwave is one of the best fighters on the Nemesis. Wheeljack stands no chance against him. I gotta go help him. Before I go though, do you know why I passed out?"

Ratchet looks at me. "I suspect an allergy to something in Wheeljack's ship."

I stand up and start walking away.

"What do you plan to do?", Ratchet calls after me. I look at him over my shoulder, a smirk evident on my face.

"Some trickery of the mind", I grin before transforming and driving away.

I quickly find them, Soundwave on the ground with Wheeljack over him, and then Soundwave using one of his tentacles to hold a device over Wheeljack. I'm up on a ledge above them.

"Soundwave!", I shout! a look of horror on my face. That gets him to stop using the device as he looks up at me. Wheeljack had stumbled a few steps away.

I jump down and find Soundwave watching me.

"Soundwave, please don't hurt my friends", I say in a soft voice. He grabs the device from his tentacle and puts it on his arm and retracting his tentacle.

"He cracked your visor?", I ask him. He nods once and I ask if I could see it for a few seconds. Wheeljack was still recovering so he quickly takes off his visor. I quickly destroy it and then pull out a spare one that Soundwave had given me in case I was the only one to help to him.

"You know, you really should take your visor off more", I whisper, pressing my hand onto his face. He leans into my touch before speaking.

"You are one of the few to say that", he whispers.

"That's because I'm one of the few that have seen your face", I whisper. He pulls me closer to him before leaning down and kissing me, giving me a surprise.

When he pulled away, he had his visor in his hands. He whispered one last thing to me before putting it on. "You are not the only deceiver here."

He then points the device at me and blasts me. I gasp before screaming in pain. He only stops when Wheeljack attacked him but that didn't last long. He then aims it at both of us and we both fall to the ground. Wheeljack is knocked out, I'm just in a lot of pain.

Soundwave walks over to me.

"Why, Sounds? I thought you were my friend?", I whisper weakly, unable to lift my head to look at him.

"Friends are for the weak", he says in a mixture of voices.

"You're wrong. Friends make you a strong, they help you. They make it so you're not alone", I hiss at him through the pain. I painfully stand up and look at him. He freezes and I knew I got through to him. He then transforms and leaves and I collapse onto the ground again.

"Ratchet... I'm really sorry...", I whisper, looking over at Wheeljack's passed out form.

"Aura!", Ratchet shouts. "Where are you?"

"Doesn't matter. You've-", I pause as a wave of pain goes through my head and I can't help but groan. "You've got about 2 minutes til Soundwave reaches you."

"Less...", I hear Ratchet say.

I wait a few seconds but I couldn't stay awake any longer and pass out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I wake up, I'm back in base. "Wha?", I try to get up.

"Aura!", Ratchet exclaims happy to see me awake.

"Hey, Doc... how long have I been out?", I ask.

"A few hours", he says, looking away. I catch a glimpse of guilt in his optics though.

"Hey... Ratchet. It's not your fault I got hurt. I went to help Wheeljack. I'm a soldier. I'm going to go out, fight some cons, and I'll probably get hurt along the away. It's not and won't ever be your fault okay", I say as I finally manage to stand up.

He looks at me and smiles softly. "Thanks, Aura", he says.

I smile at him and pat the side of his face. "No problem." That's when I noticed I wasn't in the medbay.

"Hey, where are we?", I ask, not recognizing the room.

"Oh... um... this is my room as there was someone else who needed the medbay more than you did...", he says, looking away from me.

I look away from him and towards the door.

"Who?", I whisper, my voice faint.

"Bulkhead", he answers. I sigh.

"How's Arcee? She went with him", I ask.

"She's shaken and angry with herself that she couldn't save him from the Insecticon but she's just fine otherwise", Ratchet answers.

"Have you told Wheeljack?", I ask. He nods. I send him question after question until finally I know what happened. I'm angry with Wheeljack because he took Miko with her but I knew she needed that.

I sigh before sitting down on the berth and resting my head in my hands. "There's too much happening at a time. I can't handle it all."

"And yet you are handling it", Ratchet says.

"Only because I have bots in my life like you that help me through", I whisper, looking up at him.

Ratchet hesitates before asking a question I hoped he wouldn't.

"Aura... I can't figure out for the life of me as to why you kissed me the other day... why did you?", he asks.

"I feel like this should be obvious", I mutter before leaning against him, too tired to sit up straight. He tenses up but eventually relaxes. I was starting to fall asleep so I knew I had to get it out quickly. "I love you, Ratchet...", I mumble just before I fall asleep.

*Ratchet's POV*

I freeze at the words she said. The three words. She loves me? She loves me... she loves me!!

Mentally, I do a little happy dance. I look down at Aura before smiling. She had fallen asleep. I kiss her forehead before whispering to her. "I love you, too, Aura..."

I pick her up and carry her to her own room. I walk back towards my room when Optimus walks past me. He walked right past me but I heard him stop. He then calls to me.

"Ratchet?", he says.

"Yeah?", I turn around to look at him.

"Why are you grinning like that?", he questions.

I realize that I now have to tell my best friend that his daughter loves me.

"Um...", I hesitate before speaking quickly. "Auramayormaynothavetoldmeshelovesme."

Optimus stares at me before smiling. "You've finally figured it out."

I stare at him. "You knew?"

"Of course I knew. She is my daughter after all", he says before walking off. I stare dumbfounded at his retreating back before shaking my head. I continue the journey to my room and lay down on my berth.

The femme I fell in love with as I taught her loves me back. I can't believe it. I started liking her a long time ago and she's finally returning my feelings. I can't believe it!! Wait... I've already thought that... oh well.

I fell asleep quickly, with Aura on my mind.