The Kennedy Life: Back to the Future: Ch. 8

Chapter 8

'Time travel is a terrifying weapon, far more powerful than anything ever before conceived,' he said grimly.'Mankind just isn't ready for that kind of knowledge. We're like children casually playing with an atom bomb.'

Alex Scarrow, TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1)

_______________________________

Kara woke up on a bed that had a soft blanket. She groaned and opened her eyes. She was laying her hands on the mattres.

As she woke memories came back to her. The screaming. The blood. David yelling. And falling into the submission of sleep.

A dozen voices were murmuring. She knew the voices.

"Is she okay?"

"She lost a lot of blood."

"Kara, wake up!"

She opened her eyes groggily. There stood a concerned Caroline with John Jr by her side. A bunch of Kennedy people from the past stood next to her. Kara's mind was groggy. She tried to move but it only caused more pain.

"Don't move," David said softly. She moaned. "It's going to be alright. We need to remove the bullet from your shoulder."

When Kara spoke, her voice was raspy. "W-where a-a-am I?"

"It's okay," David said soothingly. "You're safe." She continued to tremble with fear.

With the help of Kennedy doctors, they managed to pull the bullet from her shoulder. There was blood dripping from Kara's shoulder now.

She cried in pain. She begged for the pain to stop, and she finally passed out from the pain.

When she opened her eyes, her shoulder was still wet and greasy with blood. She moved and she found there was a white bandage wrapped around her shoulder. Her bones ached. She was weakened to the point.

She felt someone staring at her. She turned her head and saw her father, well the younger version of her father, not the one with gray hairs, staring at her. He was holding a water cup.

She stared at him, for a second. The images of the past came back to her. He smiled shakily at her and handed her the cup. "You thirsty?"

She took the cup not even saying a thank you mostly cause she was still in shock. He watched her drink the water eagerly. Her lips were dry, cracked and swollen. She sipped the water like a thirsty puppy.

"Daddy?" She croaked out weakly. She only got more pain as she moaned softly at the pain in her shoulder. His eyes lit up slightly at her calling him daddy. "It...it...hurts..so bad..." She was close to passing out.

His hands touched her shoulder. She squealed in pain. He removed them quickly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, Kara. Are you okay?"

She moaned and shook her head. He knew her name? She looked at him quietly. He took her hands and started rubbing them gently so she couldn't feel the pain.

She looked groggily at her father for a second. Her eyes were drooping for a second. She opened her mouth to ask him a question when Uncle Jack walked in. Kara's body was still stiff and full of pain.

"Teddy," Uncle Jack said, walking to his place beside him. Kara blinked confused into the eyes of her late uncle. "You need to leave."

Her father looked at her quickly and quietly. She was in constant pain. But he nodded and left. He looked back at Kara for a second who lay transfixed on the bed.

Kara stared at the uncle she had grieved for, the uncle that had died fighting for a purpose, for a life. Her heart raced with anderline as she remembered the bloody hole in his chest and his head. She'd seen a replica of Aunt Jackie's suit. The fake pink suit had been covered in dye red.

Kara grimaced at the memory. Would it be real or not? She saw her uncle sit down. She asked him, "What do you want?"

"Relax, Kara. I'm not going to hurt you." His Boston accent sent a wave of terrifying memories boiling into her chest. She saw his face soaked in blood again. "It's about how you and David found the portal."

"Don't tell anyone," she begged him. "Please don't tell. And how we found it, it was in Father's house. You told him about it. You told him not to tell anyone but after you were killed, and after Uncle Bobby was killed, Father had an idea. He knew you would have been against the rules but he sent Caroline, Max, John Jr, Rory, and Douglass back to 1962, a few days before the crisis. We followed them."

Uncle Jack's eyes narrowed. "Crisis?" He repeated confused.

"The Cuban Missle crisis," Kara responded and her eyes darkened. "The crisis that would send us almost into a nuclear war."

_____________________________

Next chapter the Cuban Missle crisis begins and Jack has to trust the time travelers on what he should do 💕

______________________________

Please review and thank you 😘