The Kennedy Life: Back to the Future: Ch.17

Chapter 17

The past is as easy to travel into as turning the pages of a book...

~S.R. Ford, Mimgardr (Oblivion's Gate, #1)

____________________________

November 25, 1963 ((John Jr's third birthday))

Lyndon Johnson had still not been brought to justice and Kathleen would not leave the past till she saw him off the ticket for 64'.

She was sitting outside the White House lawn drinking some soda. For the past few days since Conally's asassination, David had been really sober. Instead of drinking, he preferred coke and sprite.

The govener's assassination had shocked the world and the nation. Kathleen had been able to go to Hyannis Port where she met her mother. Ethel was still the cheery eyed woman Kathleen had seen so much.

Bobby had brought a clean shaven David, a bubbly Rory, and a quiet Max to the compound too. Kathleen had been behind them, shy and quiet but respectful. One look at her and the clan was enchanted by the stunning grace she held.

They shouldn't have been fooled so easily, she thought. She wore an innocent smile on her face but inside she hated to admit, she was a killer.

But now she was sitting, sipping into a coke and drying her eyes every second. She ensured and wanted to see Johnson pay for his sins but she wanted it by death.

It sounded a little sick but she wanted it to happen. She didn't like Johnson like Bobby did. She and the others had gotten evidence on the VP's betrayal and now President Kennedy and his brother were discussing what to do about it.

She crunched on the ice in her drink. She put the bottle back in the kitchen sink.

She stopped by to sit with her cousins and brothers. They sat in utter silence until Bobby poked his head. "President Kennedy wants to see you."

Kathleen looked at her cousins and brothers. Her stomach was churning. The meeting was here. She stood up and stretched. The others followed her and Bobby to the Oval Office.

Kathleen stood, not wanting to sit down and she watched with hatred burning in her eyeballs as Lyndon walked into the room. He was clean and wearing a fancy suit. He looked startled at seeing the time travelers in the room.

"Lyndon," President Kennedy greeted, coolly and quietly. "Please sit, we need to discuss some things."

Lyndon nodded but he still anxious of the time travelers and espcially Rory who was glaring at him.

Rory hated him, Kathleen's expression was full of concern. Rory usually didn't show much hatred around other people she disliked but she hated Johnson clearly. She did a poor job at hiding it too. The Vice President saw it clearly. But he sat down anyway.

"What do you want?" Johnson asked in his Texas accent which was rough and strong.

"Lyndon," President Kennedy started with an anguished look on his face. "I'm aware of what happened in Dallas."

The Vice President didn't speak. He was very quiet. Kathleen felt a burning anger flicker in her soul. She couldn't keep the hatred off of her.

The president looked at his brother who pulled a piece of transmission copies Caroline had stolen the day before Conally's asassination. They had coded words over the paper but Kara had been quite smart in cracking the codes.

Kara sat on the floor now, chewing her thumbnails. They were ragged and worn like Aunt Jackie's, who had the intention to bite her nails as always.

The thought of their aunt sent a heavy pain in Kathleen's chest. In another life, she would be kneeling next to a coffin, running her hands through Uncle Jack's hair. A choked whimper escaped Kathleen's throat. Everyone looked at weirdly but she straightened up, keeping her chin up and trying not to wince at the bloody memories.

Lyndon was looking at the paper with slitted eyes. He almost jumped out of his seat as he realized that these were the codes he had sent to Oswald. He looked up at President Kennedy and then to his brother. Bobby wore an angry, ruthless look on his face. Kathleen was just satisfied in some sick way that she liked to admit.

Lyndon looked at Jack in shock. "H-how d-did-?"

President Kennedy nodded toward Kara. She was still on the floor, touching her wounded arm. "She's a lot smarter then she looks, Lyndon."

The Vice President looked at Kara. She returned the look with a mocking sneer curled on her lips. She actually looked happy.

Lyndon, on the other hand, was shooting Kathleen a glare. The glare boiled with hatred. Kathleen smirked, satisfied.

"It looks like Dad won't be running for president anytime soon," she told Caroline who was giving Lyndon a thoughtful look.

Lyndon was already shaking with rage. He turned to look at Bobby then to the president. "This wasn't supposed to happen!" Spit flew from his face and Bobby flinched. "You were supposed to die!" The last sentence was yelled at the president. There was a crazed, bloodthirsty look on his face.

"Lyndon," Uncle Jack started, his green eyes wide at seeing how crazy he was. "I'm sorry. You've been a great VP, but now I see your true side. Bobby was right."

The Attorney General added, "Lyndon Baines Johnson, you are under arrest for trying to set up a conspiracy theory against the president."

___________________________

Lyndon will be finally brought to justice! 😄👌

-

Please review! 😍💕😚