The Kennedy Life: Back to the Future: Ch.15

Chapter 15

It would take a civilization far more advanced than ours, unbelievably advanced, to begin to manipulate negative energy to create gateways to the past. But if you could obtain large quantities of negative energy -- and that's a big "if" -- then you could create a time machine that apparently obeys Einstein's equation and perhaps the laws of quantum theory.

MICHIO KAKU, Scientific American, Nov. 24, 2003

______________________________

November 22, 1963, the day that America would lose its innocence, the day that a wife would lose a husband, the day two innocent children lost their father, was here.

It was raining outside. Caroline looked outside. She peeked from the window and saw the sun behind the clouds.

It was raining softly outside. Caroline picked out a slender suit capable of running. She armed herself with a gun and hid several poison darts in her boots. She made sure the darts weren't aimed at her skin. She had to sneak past the secret service. Well to be honest, they all had to sneak past them to get into the plane.

It turned out that President Kennedy had booked them a spot in Air Force One. Caroline and the others didn't have to sneak in to get to Dallas but they were booked in some other port of the plane.

The thirteen minutes to Dallas was anxious and grueling for Caroline. She kept dreaming, well daydreamimg, of what ifs. What if there was no Vietnam War? No President Johnson? The last thought sent a glimmer of satisfaction and anger coursing through her soul.

When they landed, they snuck off with the rest of the people on the plane. Caroline and the others stuffed themselves in a taxi. Once they got to Dealey Plaza, Caroline could barley see the street. It was packed.

She turned her head and stared at her brother. He was shaking. "You go to the picket fence with Kara and Kathleen. Me and David will take care of Oswald."

"What about us?" Rory asked, stepping forward. Max nodded.

"Go to a safe place," she instructed. "Violence will break out. There will be people dying. I don't want you two to get hurt."

Rory and Max both nodded. They both ran for the triple underpass where the limo would take its turn to Parkland Hospital.

David and Caroline both dashed toward the book depository. She kicked the door open and turned to David. There was a glinting look in her eyes. She was anxious to wound Oswald and get what she wanted.

She checked her watch 12:15. She showed her watch to David. He put a bullet in his gun. There was clicking sound. Caroline pulled out the poison darts from her boots and handed David three of them. "When he falls, leave me for the final blow. I've suffered too much."

"As long as I take Johnson." She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"I can't keep that promise," she replied back. She put the rest of the darts in her gun. She could almost see Oswald screaming and writhing on the floor begging for mercy only to be impaled.

The thought made her feel sick and queasy. She pushed the thought away.

They hid in back for about ten minutes. It was now 12:25. Caroline activated the gun. The bullets clicked.

She heard running feet. Oswald. She breathed in a snarl of anger and hate. The assassin came running in, a gun in his hands. He pushed the boxes over and aimed his gun down at the road. The sound of the bullet would be quiet, no one would hear what would happen until it was too late.

She briefly thought of Kathleen, John, and Kara. How would they fare? Would they be able to kill the other assassins? If they killed them, they would change history. The mere thought of that made her swell with what ifs.

David nudged her and she checked her watch. 12:28 pm. She nodded at him. One...two...three!

She fired her gun at the wall. She would prove to Oswald she wouldn't hurt him unless he kept shooting. The man that had crushed her dreams turned around. He was complelty shocked as he saw both Caroline and David standing there, blocking the exit. "Who are you guys? What are you doing here?"

She smirked at him. "Our names aren't your concern, Oswald. And for what we are doing here: it's none of your beeswax." She fired the posonious dart at him but he ducked just in the nick of time and the dart hit the wall. The man's lips curled into a ugly snarl.

This time David fired. The bullet missed and Oswald turned around. He fired, quickly and loudly at the street.

Bewildered screams sounded from below them and Caroline cursed, softly but foully. She heard the screech of the limo and then she heard another shot ring out.

Filled with rage and hate, she fired another toxic dart at Oswald. This time the dart embodied itself into the assassin's chest. Oswald crashed to the floor, blood pooling from his legs.

She sent the gun flying toward Oswald's body. David did the same. They both rushed down the stairs to be met by secret service agents. They knew who they were so they them pass.

Caroline ran out of the depository building. Outside it was crazy. People screamed. Caroline leaped onto a small rock and saw the limo heading toward Parkland Hospital. She turned her head. There stood Rory.

"What happened?"

"The governor," her young cousin stuttered. Her face was full of terror. "His head...it just flew to pieces..."

The blood drained from Caroline's face. She could not believe what Rory had just said.

Governor Conally had been shot?

______________________________

I felt like doing that, don't worry Lyndon will pay for all the trouble he's done ☺️💜

____________________________

Please review!