thirty three

on the last movie night they had, while seulgi and jimin were literally having the best time of their lives sleeping on the couch, jungkook got yeri to talk more about herself.

it all started with jungkook wondering why she was so different in and out of school, and yeri started to blabber about her thoughts.

" i just care a lot about what others think of me pretty often. everyone knows the popular girls in school and fawns over them all the damn time, and some days i just wonder why people don't like me as much. " she said.

" so i started to think that people didn't like me, and i thought i should change the way i act in school. so that people would like me more. like, maybe if i acted pretty, maybe if i dressed nicer - a branded watch, nicer shoes, maybe if i behaved more elegantly - sitting with my legs crossed over one another and laughing softly with my mouth covered — "

by then, her words were reduced to a mumble and she was told by jungkook to stop.

" stop rambling, love. you don't have to care about whether others care. you don't have to care about whether others like you, because to me what matters is that i like you. " jungkook said as he looked at her fondly.

" it's all the things i like about you, you're just you. the comfortable, real you. not the you who tries to act differently in hopes of being well-liked, even when you already are. "

yeri started to tear up, and hugged jungkook even closer than before. she wasn't used to receiving compliments, and didn't know what to say.

she simply felt thankful, she felt loved, and she also loved that she had him wrapped around her finger.

that would be helpful for what was about to come, because the proper game was finally getting started.

-

a/n

hello!! i promised on my ig to update if i got tixs to hallyu and i did HAHA (the ticketing was a breeze tbh there's alot of problems w the organisation but let's not get into too much detail shall we yay) so TADA here's the new chapter!!!

i also promised that the jungri ending for this book would be slightly bittersweet and less sad (or more, depending on how you see it) and currently im just writing and updating as i go HAHA might as well while i have some time and im trying to forget about all the responsibilities and work i have to attend to hahahah what

oh ALSO i actually had the idea for this chapter back on 15 may! it came to me in the middle of my lesson and i didn't have spare paper with me so i scribbled it all over my hand and made it as messy as possible so that in case i was caught, no one would be able to decipher it :-)

lots of love,
jane <3