owning cats

You did your very best at creating an edible meal which consisted of some cheese and bread as you couldn't find anything else.

It was a lot of cheese as you really loved this and you therefore hoped that Thor would be okay with this. He was a god after all and he didn't come from earth so he maybe didn't even know cheese. It would be a nice surprise though.

"For Odin's sake! Are you kidding me? Why is there a screw left?! I just finished building this thing. There can not be a screw left! Please do not break down, damn cat tree! What for do the humans need you anyway? There are enough trees outside for a cat to climb. You could just chop down one of them and put it into the flat. This would be a lot easier!" , you heard Thor complain.

It made you grin. He was cute when he was angry. At least that's what you thought.

You took the plate on which you had placed the cheese and the bread and carried it to Thor just to distract him from his annoying task.

The two of you ate quietly and Thor seemed okay with the cheese.

You watched him while eating.

He was simply perfect.

His jaws, his muscles, his blue eyes.

YOU ARE FALLING FOR HIM! yelled your brain. You just smirked. Yes. Yes you were falling for this gorgeous man and until now there was nothing to regret about this. Unless the fact that he was a god, of course, and he was far beyond your reach. But love is a nice thing and you don't regret loving until someone smashes your heart into pieces.

And he was in charge of thunder. What had scared you before now made you smile. He could keep you safe from the monster they called thunderstorm.

After the two of you had finished eating Thor rose from the chair and looked at you rather apologetic. It was already dark outside. You hadn't noticed how late it had gotten.

"I am sorry, Lady (y/n). I have to leave for Asgard and I can not be there tomorrow to pick up the cats with you. Time runs a bit faster in the land I come from but I still need to stay there for a full Asgardian day. I will be back as fast as I can! I promise! Do not worry. I definitely want to meet Loki as soon as possible. The cat Loki, you know. Not my brother. I, of course, would love to meet him too, but ... You know ... I somehow prefer the cat version. It is easier to be found and monitored" , said Thor, pushing the cat tree to where you wanted it to be.

"And it hopefully does not have the urge to rule the planet..." , you thought to hear him muttering but soon forgot again.

You nodded and smiled a bit, already missing him. How strange it was, this feeling.

Not the missing thing, of course.You missed something all the time. Your old life, the time before the thunderstorm, the seconds before you left the house. You were used to this feeling. It was not what occurred to be strange to you.

Liking someone. This was what made you feel uncomfortable. You hadn't really liked someone for years. Well, you hadn't given yourself the chance to like anyone. You had preferred to stay hidden. It had been okay for you. You had liked it.

"Good bye, Lady (y/n). See you soon! Take care of my son!" , thundered Thor, standing in the door. His blue eyes were fixed on you. Sparkling and beautiful.

You waved goodbye and smiled at the thought of the red kitten being Thor's son. It fit well. He was as adventurous and sweet and active as his 'dad'.

You went to bed as soon as Thor left, leaving the dirty plates on the table. You could clean the mess up tomorrow. It wouldn't just disappear. Not that you would bother if it did.