a beautiful gift and life with cats

You woke from a loud knock at the door of your flat and angry yells you couldn't say where they came from.

Yawning, your brain still half asleep, you stumbled out of bed and earned an angry look from Opal for this. Then there was a red ball right in front of you and you swore and lost balance and fell. There was an disapproving meow from Loki, who had made you fall and another inpatient knock at you door.

You sighed. Your life hadn't been that stressful for years.

Finally you arrived at the door and tore it open.

"What the hell do you ... Thor. Ehm ... good morning" , you stuttered, suddenly remembering that you were only wearing underpants and a sports bra. You hair was chaos and you were still very tired. You felt embarrassed and you knew you had turned all red. Your brain didn't work well enough to really make you mind, though. This would come later.

"Good morning, Lady (y/n)" , said Thor, doing his best at covering his amusement.

"I hope I did not wake you", he continued, lowering his gaze. Well, he at least was well behaved.

"As you may see, you obviously did exactly that" , you stated, turning around to face the crying Loki.

"What do you want from me, kitten?!" , you sighed. Argh!

"I think he is hungry", suggested Thor, pushing you gently into the flat and closing the door behind him. He, of course, had his hammer with him but there also was a small gift box he tried to hide behind his back.

Before you could ask about the gift you had to make this little cat stop crying. So you ran into the kitchen, took the two bowls of the cats, that were empty now, and added new food. Loki purred and meowed and tried to climb your naked legs. You yelled at him until Thor took him away. Then you placed the bowls on the ground again and watched Loki eat.

He ate as if he hadn't had food in years.

"Now, you need to eat something too!" , stated Thor. You frowned.

He was right, no doubt but you were keen to take a look at the gift he held behind his back.

He noticed your effort with a slight grin.

"After you've put on some clothes and eaten something you may have my gift!" , he said rather triumphantly. This reminded you of your half nudity. Turning red again you rushed out of the kitchen and into the bathroom to get clean and dressed.

While you were brushing you hair the door to the bathroom, which you hadn't closed in your haste, opened wider and in there came the small body of Opal.

"Hello, my precious queen" , you whispered with your high pitched cat voice. Opal tilted her head, trying her best to walk up to you without crashing into things. She was blind and you could see it but she still walked in a very majestic way.

"You love your life, don't you?"

Meow!

"I guess this means yes."

Meow Meow!

"Shall I brush you?"

Murp?

You shrugged and tried it. With gentle, slow strikes you moved the brush over Opal's back. She stiffened for a few moments but then she relaxed and pressed her body hard against the touch of the brush, purring wildly.

Smiling you knelt down next to the cat and brushed her soft fur until it was beautiful and flawless.

And Opal purred and purred and purred.