the long way home

!INCLUDES TITANIC SPOILER!

You were frozen in time for a few seconds. None of you was moving you just stared into each others eyes. Then you thought: *Okay, damn it. Nothing can go wrong.* and leaned in, thinking about all the things that could possibly go wrong.

Then your lips met. His were soft and gentle and warm and loving and comforting. It was just a gentle brush, barely a real touch but you felt pleasure running through your body and a warmth spreading.

You had never kissed anyone before.

You had never loved anyone before.

Now you sat here, in front of a camera, kissing the god of thunder and liking it.

You, who normally feared the slightest touch.

You didn't feel ready to really hug Thor or stay near each other for too long but he still was different. He had made you love him without any effort. He, god of thunder who could have everyone had chosen you. He had lifted you out of your silent, lonely grave and pushed you into the most beautiful sunset that had ever been seen.

You didn't pull back before Thor did but you didn't push your lips together any further. The moment was perfect and strange at the same time.

"Well, guys, you may stop now" , laughed the photographer. You literally burst away from each other, muttering excuses, staring at each others eyes.

"Uhm ... Wow" , whispered Thor, smiling his brightest smile.

"Thank you, Thor" , you whispered back, rising from the chair you sat on.

"Wanna see the pictures?" , asked the photographer. You nodded and did you best to not rush to him to take a short look.

"Your application pictures first" , he said, showing them to you.

You stared at your normally rather pale face. It was a redder, more lively shade than you were used to. Your (h/c) hair looked like silk on this picture and even though you had always thought yourself to be ugly and disliked seeing photographs of you. You looked beautiful on this picture. Beautiful and happy.

"As beautiful as always" , laughed Thor who had stepped behind you. You grinned uneasily. He thought you to be beautiful. Even in the moments you only saw your ugly face he smiled at you and thought you to be an angel. A goddess, worthy of him and his hammer.

"Now to the couple pictures. I did take a few more. Here, this was before the two of you kissed. You looked at each other with such strong respect and affection. I just had to capture this and then there is this kiss. Barely a brush of two lips and still full of love. You two are so gentle with each other!" , he worshipped his work and your relationship.

"We will take all of the pictures" , stated Thor from behind you. You raised your eyebrows and smiled a soft smile. You had been about to say the same thing. You wanted this pictured to be placed in your flat. At a nice place on the wall where you could stare at it when Thor was in Asgard or somewhere else you couldn't reach him.

So you payed for the pictures and left, making your way to the shelter. Thor and you walked through the city holding hands. It just felt nice. It reassured you that he still was there.

What had seemed completely impossible for you just days ago was perfectly fine now. It was strange how emotions worked, appeared and disappeared. They made you act the way they want you to and they are reckless and cruel. But they could also be nice and comforting, like now.

His presence made you forget about your nervousness because of your application.

Arriving at the shelter you searched for a person to give your application to and crashed into the woman that had given Opal to you. She smiled in recognition.