starting to love life

Loki woke you early in the morning as usual and you just yawned and got up. You had given up on complaining. It was no use at all. When Loki was hungry he was hungry. When he needed food he needed it immediately and when you were asleep at this time you needed to wake up. So far, so easy.

You walked into the kitchen like a zombie, Opal at your heels, knowing you wouldn't go to sleep again. When you were awake you were awake. It was that simple.

You first fed the cats and then yourself.

It wasn't until you were brushing Opals soft white belly that you remembered it was Friday. Thor would come back today.

He had promised to help you find a job. Even though you had already done some research and it wasn't a too funny task you were really looking forward to doing this. Everything you did with Thor at your side was nice and something you looked forward to.

On Saturday the two of you would be cooking together. Real cooking. It would be great.

You had gotten him a present too, as you felt guilty. His gift seemed so expensive and beautiful and you just had to return the favour.

You suddenly grew very joyful and continued the brushing session with a new kind of energy Opal seemed to like.

"Thor will be back today, Ops" , you said. Ops was your new nickname for Opal. You had made up a lot of them since the cats had moved in. Too many to mention them all. There were new ones every day. The ones you used the most were Ops for Opal and red devil for Loki. It fit.

Meow!

"Yes, my precious. I believe that you are looking forward to seeing daddy Thor again too" , you said. (Fun fact, my guys: If you read the word daddy in this context and your brain goes "uck, sex" then something is wrong with your brain, I'm sorry. Children call their father daddy without any sexual fckn context whatsoever, how do you guys walk past a park?! There is no need to sexualize this.)

Murp.

You finished your brushing and turned to brushing your teeth. You had bought a toothbrush for Opal too as she preferred it over all the toys you had. She enjoyed to chew on it and carry it around the flat. It was probably because the brushing of it over the floor was well audible and the toy easy to locate.

You loved Opal more than you loved your bloody self. She gave your life light and happiness when Thor wasn't there to do so.

After finishing in the bathroom you went into the living room and prepared the sofa for a sleepover. Thor would most likely stay over night.

Then you played with Loki and Opal until someone knocked at the door.

You were on your feet in an instant and a heartbeat later you pulled the door open.

There stood Thor with his blue sparkling eyes and his hammer and a small green piece of fabric in his hands.

"Good morning, Lady (y/n). I see you are already awake. You look amazing. I brought something for Loki!" , he greeted you. You smiled and let him enter.

"Hello Thor. I'm glad you came. I have a gift for you too and I already did a bit of research for my job. We'll be finished soon. What have you got for Loki?" , you said, leading the way into the living room where Loki was playing with his fuzzy mouse toy.

"Oh, I got him a tiny cape. One that my real brother loves to wear. I hope he will like it" , he blurted out, reaching for the tiny figure of cat Loki.

You were quite sure that he would hate the cape but this would be Thor's problem, not yours.

"Well, good luck then. I'll go and get your present" ,you said, leaving the living room and slipping into your bed room.