{8}

"My boss is shit. My job is shit. My life is shit." Alex snapped slamming the car door shut while buckling her seatbelt. Anthony raised a brow as she handed the pink slip over.
"Shit. They fired you?" He asked as she nodded her head. "Maybe I can talk to them. It was my fault. I forgot you had work and should've woken you up. They'll understand." Shaking her head she mumbled, "It's not worth it. I'll find something. Let's just leave." Slowly pulling out of the parking lot he watched her tear the pink slip up while rolling the window down. Chucking the paper out of the window she gave the middle finger in the direction of the diner winking at Anthony, "I never liked that diner anyway." Alex liked to come off as a cocky person. As if nothing bothered her. But on the inside millions of questions were running through her head. How will I pay my share of rent? Where will I even get another job? No one is gonna hire me. It's a weird time of the year to hire someone. Why couldn't you just wake up on time. Instead you went out clubbing when you knew you had work the next day. Nice one Alex.

"Hm. Where are you thinking of working next?" He asked stopping at the red light. When he was met with silence he looked over to see her sound asleep. This is probably one of the first times in a while where she has an opportunity to sleep, he thought to himself before driving through the green light. "Damn, I felt like I slept forever but it was only five minutes." She mumbled stepping out of the car while stretching. Walking up the stairs she fumbled with keys but managed to open the door. Chad was sitting on the couch watching tv. They nodded at each other as she began to make her way to the bedroom. "How was work?" He asked and Anthony laughed "She got fired."

Belly flopping onto the bed she heard a laugh and Anthony's voice say, "Alex. Your in my room." She looked around noticing it was indeed his room and shrugged going back to sleep. "C'mon Alex." He groaned going to touch her shoulder. But the way she turned he ended up grabbing her neck. Laughing she yelled, "Are you trying to kill me? I didn't know you were kinky like that." She winked making him blush and quickly pull his hand away. Why do I get so flustered around her? Anthony thought to himself before mumbling, "Forget it." Smirking to herself, Alex snuggled into the pillows happy to get her sleep.

Picking up the empty beer bottles the band had left scattered around, Anthony whistled to himself as he began to clean the dirty dishes in the sink. He had noticed Alex hadn't come out for dinner due to the fact she was sound asleep. Making his way to his room he yawned, "Alex. You gotta go, I'm tired." He knew she was listening, but was refusing to move. Watching her lips smirk she laughed, "Hi, Tired. I'm Alex." I'm not sleeping in her room, he thought to himself. Smirking at the idea that had popped into his head he smirked crawling up next to her.

"I'm really tired so can you move? Unless you wanna do it. I'm always awake for that." He hoarsely whispered into her ear. Watching the blush creep to her face as she took off into a sprint he stifled a laugh. Hearing the door of her bedroom slam shut Anthony began laughing hysterically. Now you know how I feel around you, he thought to himself as he crawled under neath his covers.

Uh! He is so disgusting! Alex thought to herself kicking the back of the door. As if I'd ever want to do it with him, she thought to herself as she unclipped her bra and tossed it into the laundry hamper. Sighing to herself she pulled the baggy sweatshirt over her head she thought, what am I doing with my life? Hearing a light knock on the door she heard Anthony's voice through the door say, "Hey Alex, you wanna come to the studio tomorrow?"

"Why?"

"I don't know. I thought maybe you'd wanna hear us play?"

"Who?"

"My band? The Red Hot Chili Peppers...."

"Oh. I forgot you were in a band."

"Thanks, Alex. I appreciate it."

"I-I'm sorry! Geez. I gotta lot of stuff on my plate right now."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. I have no job. So I'm kinda worried about that."

"Hm. Maybe you can get a job with my band."

"I don't play any instruments and I got a shitty voice." Stifling a laugh through the door, Anthony face palmed and continued,

"That's not what I meant, dumbass. Maybe you can be the manager."

"Are you serious? Don't you have a manager."

"Damn, your right. Maybe you can be assistant manager? You'd have to talk to our manager about it."

"Cool. Yeah, maybe I will go tomorrow."

"Cool. You should go."

"Is that a demand, Kiedis?"

"Maybe."

"Woah. I've never felt so attacked in my entire life. First you throw yourself at me, and now your threatening me to go to your studio." She teased sitting on her bed.

"Hey! I didn't throw myself at you. I would call it a strategy to get you out of my room because you were pretending to be asleep, and refused to move."

"Sure. Whatever you say, Kiedis. Why do you want me to get a job associated with you so bad? Hm?"

"I-I don't know! I'm trying to be helpful!"

"I think you like me. Do you like me? I think you have a big fat crush on me."

"That is not true! Lies. I do not like you. I despise you." He teased at the end of his sentence.

"That's really hard to believe after you threw yourself at me. I always knew you were the kinky type of guy."

"What does the 'kinky type of guy' even mean?"

"You like to have sex a lot. I can tell."

"Says you. You probably like to have sex all the time." Anthony snapped back.

"Maybe your right. Maybe I love to have sex all the time. Maybe I crave it every single second of the day." She jokingly lied back staring at the door as if she could see his disgusted reaction.

"Man, I knew you were the nasty type of girl. Ever since you were dancing in the club to that song."

"Says the kinky guy who kissed me without my consent. That's right, I still remember. You thought I had forgotten!"

He opened the door, making her throw a pillow at him exclaiming, "Eww! I liked talking to you through the door, so I didn't have to look at you."

"Aw, really? It sounded like you missed seeing my beautiful face."

"As if. You probably missed seeing my blessed face."

"Maybe your right. I love seeing your face. Maybe not the words that come out of your mouth, but I love seeing your face."

"Thanks, babe! See? I feel like you have a big fat crush on me? What do you want from me? You wanna go on dates?" She smirked teasing him, while watching his face blush.

"Like I'd wanna go on a date with you."

"Is this your plan? Forcing me to go with you to the studio tomorrow? Is that your way of taking me on a date? That's weird, Kiedis."

"You and your stupid fantasies! Your probably the one who has a crush on me! You keep thinking I wanna have sex with you, and take you on dates!"

Scoffing at his remark she teased back, "Again! Something a kinky guy would say! Your fetishizing this situation way out of proportion!" Anthony let out a frustrating sigh while slamming his hands on his face. Alex: One win and Anthony: zero, she smirked to herself while thinking, I always win Kiedis, I always win.