𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯

Y/n strolled down the quiet street, her thoughts consumed by the events of the past few days, a sudden interruption shattered the tranquility

Y/n strolled down the quiet street, her thoughts consumed by the events of the past few days, a sudden interruption shattered the tranquility. A man emerged from the throng of pedestrians, his eyes fixed on her with a mixture of anger and accusation.

"You!" he barked, his voice cutting through the air like a whip. "You're the reason my brother's dead!"

Y/n's steps faltered momentarily, her brow furrowing in confusion. She turned to face the man, studying his features for any hint of recognition. "I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong person" she replied calmly, her voice betraying none of the unease she felt.

The man's gaze hardened, his fists clenching at his sides. "Don't try to play innocent, Cassano" he spat, the name carrying a weight of bitterness. "Your family's greed and corruption took my brother's life."

Y/n's expression remained impassive, though a flicker of discomfort danced in her eyes at the mention of her family name. "I understand your anger" she said evenly. "But I assure you, I am not responsible for whatever grievances you have against my family."

The man scoffed, his resentment palpable. "You can't wash your hands of their sins" he retorted, his voice dripping with disdain.

Y/n held his gaze unwaveringly, her composure unshaken. "I have no desire to" she replied coolly. "But I refuse to be judged by the actions of others."

Y/n's attempt to diffuse the situation fell on deaf ears as the man's anger continued to boil beneath the surface, his eyes ablaze with fury. Without warning, he lunged forward, his hands grasping for Y/n's collar as he pushed her against a nearby wall.

"You think you can just walk away from this?" he growled, his voice a low, menacing snarl. "You and your family have ruined lives, and you're not getting away with it."

Y/n's breath caught in her throat as she felt the pressure of his grip tightening around her throat, cutting off her air supply. Panic surged through her veins, but she refused to show weakness, her gaze locking onto his with unwavering resolve.

"I'm not responsible for what happened to your brother" she managed to choke out, her voice strained but defiant. "But if you don't let go, you'll regret it."

The man's grip only tightened further, his fingers digging into Y/n's flesh with a cruel intensity. "You're all the same," he spat, his breath hot against her face. "Arrogant, entitled, thinking you can do whatever you want without consequences."

Y/n's vision began to blur as oxygen deprivation set in, her struggles growing weaker by the second. With a surge of desperation, she brought her knee up sharply, driving it into the man's stomach with all the force she could muster. He doubled over in pain, momentarily loosening his grip as he gasped for air.