𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰

The distant sounds of Sharon's chopping and laughter still echoed, a reminder of the turmoil within the house

Y/n hesitated, knowing she needed to be careful with her words. "You know, in us adults... this is business" she began slowly. "So I probably don't have any feelings for your mother."

Hana tilted her head, considering Y/n's words. "But there's a chance, right?"

Y/n laughed, the sound lightening the mood. "I wouldn't fall for someone who's self-centered" she replied, shaking her head.

Hana shrugged nonchalantly. "My mother wasn't that selfish" she said, her tone matter-of-fact.

Y/n raised an eyebrow, intrigued by Hana's unwavering confidence in her mother. "You really believe that?" she asked.

Hana nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "Yeah, I do. She has her moments, but deep down, she's not as bad as she seems."

Y/n sighed, feeling a mix of frustration and amusement. "Maybe you see something I don't" she admitted, ruffling Hana's hair affectionately.

Hana giggled, her laughter a welcome relief from the tension. "Maybe you just need to look a little closer" she suggested.

Y/n smiled, grateful for Hana's optimism.

As Y/n grabbed her cigarette, she made her way back inside, heading towards the kitchen where Sharon was still laughing and chopping. Leaning against the wall, Y/n crossed her arms and joined in with a mocking laugh.

"What a devilish woman... do you have an illness or something?" Y/n teased, her voice laced with sarcasm.

Sharon paused, seductively fixing her hair before turning to look at Y/n, her eyes glinting with amusement. The gesture sent a shiver down Y/n's spine, though she kept her expression neutral.

"You enjoy making fun of me, don't you?" Sharon purred, her voice dripping with false sweetness.

Y/n took a drag from her cigarette, exhaling slowly. "Maybe. But it seems like you enjoy playing the part" she shot back, her eyes locked on Sharon's.

A moment of charged silence passed between them, Sharon's laughter still echoing in the background. Y/n finally broke the tension, her curiosity getting the better of her.

"Are you the one who did it?" Y/n asked suddenly, her tone turning serious.

Sharon arched an eyebrow, feigning innocence. "Did what?" she asked, her voice dripping with mock confusion.