C H A P T E R : 2

TLOA12 | 2 : Bacchanalia

{ William Bishop Mathis }

I walked into my brother's building and walked up to the front desk. For the past two days my brother has been helping me look for condos that Anyela might like but today was my training day. He'll be telling me everything that I needed to tell Anyela when I take her condo shopping, as she call it.

"Hello Mr. Mathis." Ms. Paula Harper said from behind the desk with a smile across her face.

She was a tall, slim, brown skinned beauty with round dark brown eyes. Her hair always sat around her face in a nice bob. Today her outfit consisted of a bright spring dress and hugged the little curves she had. She was beautiful without a doubt but I could never myself with her.

I've always liked my women short, full figured, and innocent. But my brother on the other hand loved women like Paula. He loved the small hips and long shapely legs that she had. He loved how she was his height when she wore heels, how she wasn't afraid to speak her mind, and how she could be the only one to make him go from mad to happy within seconds. But most importantly he loved her and everyday for two years I had to hear him say that whenever someone mentioned her or Vanessa, their ten month old. I'm just happy that they're getting married later on this year.

"Hey Paula, my brother's here, right?" I asked leaning against the desk and examining everything.

"Um, he should be in the meeting room waiting on you." She began typing on her laptop and seen her smile brightly.

"You guys are still flirting by email?" She didn't answer verbally but her smile grew. "So damn sprung." I mumbled as I started walking to the meeting room. I thought they stopped flirting by email back when he first started the business.

They met each other while they were working for the same Real Estate Agency two years ago. They were both competing for the same promotion and somehow it brought them together. Since co-workers weren't allowed to date they flirted by email all the time until he started his own Agency. She took the position as his assistant, declaring she was tired of being an agent, and only used her degree when Que had to leave.

I opened the door to the meeting room and saw Quincy with his phone in his hand, typing away, no doubt emailing Paula back. I walked behind him, after silently closing the door, and slapped him in the back of his head. His upper body jerked up while his hand flew to the back of his neck.

"Nigga, what the fuck?!" He yelled standing up quickly. I put a finger over my lips, as if I was in kindergarten, while holding back my laugh.

Whenever he yelled at me it was like yelling at himself, since we were identical twins. The only way you could us apart is that Que had dimples and I didn't.

"You have to be professional at all times." He glared at me before shaking his head and shooed me away from him before grabbing his phone. He slid it into his pocket not saying a word to me but I knew he wasn't mad. If he was then we'd be wrestling on the floor at this very moment.

"Let's go." I furrowed my brows, confused, and watched him grab a couple folders. "Get out, Will. Acting like you deaf." Que was irritated with me but wasn't trying to show it.

"I thought you were gonna teach me what to say?"

"Yeah at the freaking Condos." He said walking around me. I followed behind him before he stopped at the front desk and whispered a few things into her ear. He kissed the side of her head while I was busy taking most of the candy off the first desk. I don't know how she put these jolly ranchers up here but resisting the temptation to eat them. "You can handle my next two appointments for me cause it's gonna be a while till I get home."