C H A P T E R : 17

TLOA12 | 17 : Through Sickness & Health

{ Anyela Miliana Thomas }

I groaned and pressed my hands into my abdomen. I’ve been going through crap for the past few hours. When I was only vomiting I could handle it but now with the pains added on with the vomiting. It was my worst dream.

After a couple of hours Will, tried to convince me to go to the hospital but I didn’t want to. It wasn’t until the pain become a lot worst when I agreed to go to the hospital which wasn’t as close as I would’ve liked it to be. It felt like I’ve been rolling from side to side in the passenger seat forever. Sometimes the pain would subside but right when I would try and go back to sleep, another jolt of pain would shoot through my abdomen.

“When are we getting there?” I groaned. I was in immense pain and he was driving as slow as he possibly could.

“Baby, just relax for a little bit. I think it had an accident so traffic is really heavy.” I kissed my teeth and rolled my entire body over to lay on my stomach, putting all of my weight on the one area that hurts the most. “You want me to sing your favorite song?”

“Yes, please.” I closed my eyes drowning out the pain as I listened to him sing Don’t Let Go by En Vogue. Will had a pretty good voice that I didn’t discover until we were telling each other our secrets. I was surprised when he sung Freakaholic for me which was one of my favorite Pleasure P songs.

When we finally got to the hospital he’d sung close to ten songs for me to help with the pain. I slowly got out the car and walked into the emergency room. It felt like I didn’t have any energy to do anything let alone walk. Every lift of my leg took so much energy that I almost changed my mind about Will not carrying me in.

After filling out the form and going through the triage they gave me a room, and an IV which took them four tries to find since I didn’t have a lot of fluids. I laid on my side while Will played with my fingers.

“Are you still in pain?” I shook my head softly. With the pain medicine that they put in my IV, the pain went away quickly.

“I’m just really tired, thirsty, and hungry.”

“You want me to go to the cafeteria really fast to get you something to eat.”

“No, don’t leave me.” I tightened my fingers around his to make sure he didn’t leave. He kissed my fingers and laid his head on our hands. “You look like a cavewoman.” He said with a small smile across his lips. I knew my hair looked a mess since I was too tired to braid up my hair.

“Shut up.”

“You still look beautiful though, don’t get me wrong.” I rolled my eyes and glanced at the TV. It was on Lifetime Movie Network playing a movie about a crazy little lady trying to kidnap her best friend’s kids.  I wish someone would try and kidnap my kids because they will for a fact get beat up and shot with the gun I never use.