C H A P T E R : 7

TLOA12 | 7 : Drunk Stories

{ Anyela Miliana Thomas }

I looked at him apologetically. I had so much already weighing down on my heart now he had to add on this. A proposal? In all reality I never thought he'd ask for my hand. C'mon dinner at a fancy restaurant and popping the question was a tad bit cliché, but that wasn't her reasoning behind the answer that she had finally stuck to.

She closed the small black box that was sitting in the palm of his hand trying to find the best way to explain to him why I couldn't accept his proposal. When no words wanted to come out I simply pressed my lips against his lightly.

"I'm sorry Isaac. I care for you and have a lot of love for you but I'm not in love with you and you know that. I can't say yes to this proposal with the possibility that my feelings might not ever grow to the point where I'd be able to walk down the aisle and become your wife." He wiped my tears before getting up and grabbing his chair and bringing it as close to mine as he could. He put the box in his pocket before grabbing ahold of my hand in his hands.

"You don't have to cry because at the end of the day it's okay with me if you're not ready. Shit hurts for real but I'm willing to wait. If you're not happy with our relationship we can always talk everything out because there's no point in throwing away a good thing." With his last sentence he kissed my hand with space provided by his thumb and index finger, causing me to cry even harder. "Baby, why are you crying?" He asked wiping my tears before rubbing my back in small circles.

"Icheatedonyou." I rushed out hoping that he'd hear me so I wouldn't have to repeat myself. My hopes plummeted down to the ground and broke into smithereens when he asked me to repeat myself. I repeated myself with my eyes focusing on our hands that were still folded together. His hands around mine had tightened, out of anger, but at least he didn't rush out of the restaurant leaving me behind.

"What happened and with who?" His voice was strained and I knew he was trying his hardest to not snap at me. I explained the situation to him glancing at him every so often to see he reaction to certain parts. Anger fumed his facial features when I revealed to who had partaken in the acts with me. He let go of my hands and leaned back on his chair looking at me intently. "You telling me all this shit to hurt me?" He had practically mumbled out to where I could barely hear him. He was staring at me like I was the devil himself with his glass of vodka in his hand. If I hadn't miscounted this would make his eighth drink since Sandy brought him an entire bottle.

"Isaac, I wouldn't try to hurt you. You're too important to - "

"Fuck it, Nye. You gonna sit in that fucking chair in front of me and tell me all this shit and expect it not to make me feel some type of way? Is this what we doing now? Hurting feelings?" He practically barked at me. With all the hustle and bustle of the restaurant any noise that was made up where wouldn't be audible to the customers down below. "You ain't the only one that can hurt fucking feelings." I opened my mouth to speak but he continued on with his angry rambling. "For the first couple months of our relationship I was fucking Jana. Hell, you weren't giving shit up so I had to get it from somewhere."

I felt my heart deflate as if the muscles just gave up on pumping blood. My ego, my confidence, my trust seemed to just vanish as if it was never there.

I felt so stupid.

I never wanted to make accusations between Jana and Isaac since it was clarified before him and I had even started dating that she was nothing but a cousin of his. Was he just lying to get under my skin? No, he wouldn't lie about something that serious. Where had she'd gone? Was she still in the picture and I was just a part of a big love triangle?