C H A P T E R : 20

AN: No School, No Homework, Just Updates. Enjoy

TLOA12 | 20

{ Anyela Miliana Thomas }

I put my car in park and sat in Will's parking space. I pressed my forehead against the steering wheel examining the Mercedes logo in the center of the wheel. I let out a few breaths before sitting up and shaking my head.

"I can't do this." I said into the phone. Rina has been by my side since she came from her honeymoon. When I first told her I was pregnant she didn't believe me until my breasts were starting to fall out of my shirt. They grew an entire bra size and they were incredibly sensitive. Pregnancy was already a lot worse than I imagined.

"Your ass better get the hell out your car and tell the man. Don't make me use the rest of my lunch break to go to his apartment." I sighed and traced my index finger along the logo.

"I'll just tell him another day. I'm really hungry anyway so he can wait until tomorrow."

"Your ultrasound appointment is tomorrow, Nye. At least tell him today so he can clear his schedule for tomorrow." I nibbled on the inside of my cheek as I thought about it. I didn't want him to think that I wanted to be back together with him if he thought I was visiting him. "I ain't hear your car door open."

"Are you sure he can't just miss this appointment?" I studied his windows and didn't see any movement. Maybe he's probably not even here. Que could've came and picked him up. "You know what? Never mind, I'll go tell him," I said opening my car door. A part of me was hoping that he wasn't home so I could just pass by Chipotle. "Go back to hunching Ty."

"Thank you! Call me after five, love you girl." I laughed knowing that they were probably going to the bathroom of whatever restaurant they were in.

"I love you too." We said our goodbyes before I hung up the phone and took my keys out of the car's engine. I grabbed my purse and locked the doors before walking up the stone walkway that led to his building. After saying high to the guard, I used the elevator to get to the third floor.

I pulled out my small mirror and made sure I didn't look bad. I pulled my shirt down a little allowing some of my cleavage to show. I looked pretty good and he would clearly see that I was doing just fine without him.

I knocked on his door and patiently waited for him to open the door. I heard the sound of feet get closer to the door and my heart sped up. I knew I was anxious to see him but I wouldn't let him figure that out.

The door swung open and my face immediately fell. The beautiful woman standing behind the door caused my heart to drop down to my feet.

He moved on.

"Who's at the door?" The voice caused my heart to flutter and tears to form in my eyes. I made my way to the elevator wiping the tears from my eyes. "Anyela?" The way my name rolled off his tongue made my entire body tingle.

Instead of waiting for the elevator, I used the stairs to get back down to the first floor. I walked as fast as I could back to my car and started my engine. If he moved on that quick then I could move on just as fast. Forget him.

:

{ William Bishop Mathis }

"Who's at the door?" I asked as I walked towards the door. Que decided to go to the club last night where I met Isabelle. I brought her back to my place with the hopes of having sex for the first time in weeks but nothing felt right. Kissing her didn't get me aroused because all I could think about were the feel of Anyela's lips. So instead of having sex we watched movies and I was supposed to take her to get her car in a few minutes.