C H A P T E R : 9

TLOA12 | 9 : Daddy’s Girl

{ Anyela Miliana Thomas }

I snuggled even closer to the warmth that I was engulfed in not wanting to be let go. I missed his hold on me whenever I woke up in the morning.  I missed his light snoring that usually helped me go to sleep at night. I missed everything about him. If it wasn’t for that break up this is how I would be waking up at night.

The realization that Isaac and I weren’t together caused my body to stiffen. I quickly got out of the bed but he still was sound asleep in my bed like he belonged there. Sure a month ago I would be excited that he came into my apartment in the middle of the night but things have changed now. I contemplated about how I should wake him up especially since shaking him won’t wake him up.

I thought about throwing a bowl full of water on him but this was my condo so it’d be a mess that I would have to clean up. I watched him with my chin in my palm and fingers cupping my face. Was I willing to possibly give up everything I had with him for someone I met not too long ago? I honestly didn’t know what to do and with my dad’s help he’ll help me choice whoever it should be.

I decided to head over to my parent’s house now instead of going later in the day. I looked at Isaac one more time before going into the bathroom. By the time I was finished cleaning his back was to the door this time but the rhythmic up and down movement of his upper meant that he was still asleep. I dried myself off and slipped on a t-shirt and pair of jeans. I slipped on some combat boots and my Juicy sweater. I brushed my hair into a bun at the top of my head before grabbing my phone, wallet, and keys. I jogged down the stairs and rushed out the condo as fast as I could.

When I pulled into my parent’s driveway it only had my mom’s car parked out front probably from going running with Roger and Snookum at the nearby park. I parked behind my mom’s car and went inside of the house using my house key.       I followed the noise in the kitchen to find my mom cooking breakfast with my dad holding onto her from behind. I knocked on the wall to get their attention and my dad let go of my mom.

“Good morning honeybun.” He said into the hug we were now sharing.

“Good morning daddy.” I said into his chest. Words couldn’t explain how much I loved my parents but I always been closer to my dad and out of his three kids he was closer to me.

I released my hold on my dad and went over to my mom and said good morning to her also. I sat on the counter beside my mother before sighing deeply. “I need to talk to you guys about something.” I said not really trying to hold it in even longer. In the beginning I just wanted to talk to my dad but my mom will probably show my pros on both sides where my dad might just have pros for Isaac.

“We can talk over breakfast sweetheart. You’re hungry?” My mom asked while flipping the omelet onto its other side. I nodded and we talked casually while my mom went ahead and started up on my breakfast since she only made enough for the two of them.

When breakfast was finished and separated into different plates, I helped my mom carry them to the breakfast nook what was white like the kitchen with purple and white decorative pillows to add color to the white, black, and grey kitchen. After saying grace we started eating our food.

“So what’s on your mind?” My mom asked while cutting into her omelet with the butter knife that she had in hand.

“I’m stuck mom.” I muttered with a pout planted on my face.

“With?” I glanced at my dad and he was busy eating do I continued on with the conversation.

“You know how Isaac and I aren’t together anymore right?” My mom nodded since she had food in her mouth. “We’re supposed to get back together soon but I’m not sure about our relationship.”