Chapter 10: Arcade

~Briana's POV~
"We should all do something today!" Quentin yells randomly. "You don't have to yell, we are all right here." I point out. We decide to go to the arcade. This is going to be fun!
We split up into three groups for the ride. I'm with Mitch and Isabelle. We drive to the arcade, even though we could have walked. It's inly two blocks away. Call us lazy, because we are!
Once we get to the arcade we each buy twenty-five tokens to start off with. "Who wants to race me?" I yell running over to the race car simulators. They have Mario Karts ones too. We decide on Mario Kart.
I sit in the first one, with Preston next to me. When it came to choosing our characters, I choose Daisy. I always liked her more than Peach. I don't know why.
3...2....1....GO!
And we're off! After the start, I'm in fifth place. Pretty good but I can do better. I get a item of and inside of it is a red shell. I look to see who's ahead of me. Quentin. Purrrfect. I throw the red shell and I get into fourth place. I glance over at Preston's screen and see he's in first. He looks quite focused. I look back at my own screen just in time to turn. As I turn, I see Isabelle slam into a wall. Third place. Not too fat ahead is Jerome. He's playing as Donkey Kong. His reasoning? Because Donkey Kong is furry, and Baccas are furry, therefore, DK is secretly a bacca. GG, Jerome. GG. Jerome runs into a goomba giving me just enough time to pass him. The only person left is Preston, and he is in my sights. I grab an item box, and inside is just what I need. A blue shell. Preston is nearing the finish line, and it's the final lap. I throw it and... it hits him, right before he got to the finish line. I pass him and...
"FIRST PLACE BABY! GG!" I yell standing up. Looking at everyone else as they finish.
"That's bull shrimp! I was hit with a blue shell right before I cross the finish line! I would've gotten first!" I laugh and we all split up, running to our own games. Being a kid at heat, the first one I go to is the jump rope simulator. I select the first jackpot and it starts. I have the weird feeling of someone watching me. I ignore it and jump...
And jump...
And jump...
And... JACKPOT!
Just as I finish collecting my tickets they start playing a song I've known for the longest time. The cha-cha slide.
Hey doods!
Hope you liked that chapter! Mario Kart and the jump rope game are some of my favorite games and the arcade, so I had to put them in the story. :)
Later doods!
~Briana~