Chapter 17

Luke confessed his feelings to me, we kissed four times, we cuddled in my bed and fell asleep, and then the next morning I woke up with no one next to me. In fact, when I woke up Luke was in his bed, sleeping soundly.

I checked the time and saw that it was eight in the morning. It was never exactly given when we were supposed to meet up with Calum and Ashton. I couldn't go back to sleep, because the events of what happened were running in my head.

I still couldn't believe Luke said he loves me. It gave me butterflies just thinking about it. And when his lips were against mine, it just made me feel like I was on top of the world.

I got up from the bed and went over to my bag. I slipped off Luke's jacket, pulled out a new set of clothes, and then carried them to the restroom.

After I showered and cleaned myself up I was back into the room. Luke was still asleep, his lips slightly parted. I smiled a bit before I approached him, poking at his cheek.

"Wake up," I said, "you need to get ready." Luke grumbled before waving his hand at me and flipped onto his other side. "Seriously, get up."

"Five more minutes," he muttered.

"That's what they all say, but they don't mean it." I climbed onto his bed and plopped myself right on top of him. I heard him grunt before he tried to shove me off.

"Get off of me."

"Get up."

"Seriously, Cal, this isn't funny."

"... I'm Michael."

Suddenly he was frantically scrambling off the bed and he fell onto the floor. I was left sitting on his bed confused by his action. When he got back onto his feet he stared at me with wide eyes.

"What the fuck? Why were you on top of me?"

"I was trying to wake you up, and that seemed to have worked."

"Don't do that again." He muttered something under his breath before he went back to the restroom. I raised an eyebrow once he disappeared behind the door, because I was slightly confused.

It's almost as if he's acting like nothing happened.

I sat in my bed, playing with my phone. I forgot to charge it, so I guess I can't really use it today. It's only on fifty percent, but I need to save its battery.

Luke walked out of the restroom wearing a black shirt and black skinny jeans. His hair was up in his usual quiff and he walked over to his bed. His eyes landed on his jacket and he raised an eyebrow.

"Why is my jacket on your bed?" he asked. "I thought it was in my bag?"

"You let me wear it yesterday," I reminded. "You gave it to me and let me wear it."

"Huh. That's weird..."

What's so weird about that?

Luke walked over to his jacket, picked it up, and then threw it onto his bed.

... Are we not going to talk about what happened four hours ago?

"Hey, Luke?" I began, earning his attention. "What are we?"

"Hm?" he hummed as he pulled out a water bottle out of his bag and began drinking it.

"I mean, are we dating now?" He spat out his water and began coughing like crazy. I jumped up from my spot and ran over to him. "Are you okay?"

"No!" he shouted, capping his water bottle and tossing it on the bed. He let out another cough before clearing his throat and looking at me. "What do you mean 'dating'?!"