Chapter 25

Calum can spend ten minutes trying to convince Ashton to help him pack up, but he can't take a minute to do it himself. Luke and I were lying on the bed, wrapped in each other's arms while Ashton kept telling Calum to get Frederick to do the cleaning for him.

Then Calum started tearing the room apart, looking for the damn seashell.

"You can make a mess of the room for a seashell, but you can't pick up your clothes off the ground?!" Ashton exclaimed, trying to hold back his laughter.

"Frederick, where hast thou gone?!" Calum shouted, ignoring Ashton. Luke pulled away and sat upright, his hand going into his pocket. Whatever he pulled out, he quickly hid it from Calum's sight and then he showed it to me.

"You're really mean to Calum," I whispered to Luke as I stared at Frederick and rolled onto my back.

He shrugged before saying, "This is barely anything. You should see how I really mess with Calum."

"I don't think I want to see." Luke chuckled before pushing the seashell under the pillow and hovering his upper body over me, using his arms to keep himself up. He pressed a kiss to my forehead before he started trailing down so he was kissing me right beside my lips.

Suddenly a hand forced its way in between my and Luke's face and pushed Luke away. "Frederick?! Are you here?!"

"God damn it, Calum!" Luke shouted. "You're not going to find your seashell between our faces!"

"I'm searching every inch of this room! I wish I could remember where I put her." Luke groaned in annoyance and pushed Calum away, making the brunet frown and sit on the carpet. "Why are you so mean to me, Luke? I bet you took her, huh? You always take everything from me!"

My eyes widened at Calum's sudden outburst and I looked over at Luke who seemed to either look annoyed or guilty.

"Calum," I heard Ashton say as he made his way over to Calum who was glaring at Luke. He knelt beside him and placed his hand on Calum's shoulder. He leaned close to his ear and started whispering something. Luke and I literally fell silent, trying to listen to what Ashton was telling Calum.

When Ashton pulled away Calum nodded and the two stood up and started going to the balcony, pulling the curtains down and sliding the door closed once they were out. Luke scurried out of the bed, pulling the seashell from its hiding spot, and placed the object on the nightstand. Instead of returning to the bed he crept closer to the balcony.

I sighed and sat upright, getting up off the bed and heading over to Luke.

Then I asked him, "What are you do-"

"Shh!" he interrupted me, slapping his hand over my mouth. The both of us remained quiet as our attention was on our two best friends. Luke slowly and silently drew the curtains slightly and opened the door so we could hear them.

"Do we need to talk again?" I heard Ashton ask Calum who just shook his head.

"No, I'm fine now," he answered. "I guess I just... need to get some fresh air. Thanks for taking me out. I would've blown up at Luke, if I were to stay in there any longer."

I felt Luke tug at my arm. "Maybe we should go," he said, but I swatted his arm away. I'm interested in what Calum and Ashton are talking about. "Don't be nosy, Michael."

"You were the one who stood here in the first place," I snapped back, my attention returning to the others.

"... everyone from me," Calum said and I cursed myself for missing the first part of what he said. "It's like, I don't know, he gets everything while I'm left with nothing. He gets all the ladies, guys..." Calum paused for a moment, sighing before continuing. "... him."