Chapter Seventeen

(Zubat's had a gender change. I dunno, I just kind of started to see her as a girl, and I can't get the female image out of my head)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I sighed, settling down in my nest, letting my exhausted muscles relax. Strike had left to continue his journey as an explorer much earlier than expected, so we had gotten our room back. According to Chatot, his team had called him back home, but the details were never given to us. Surprisingly, I kinda missed Sunflora and Chimecho's company, and Raiden seemed to miss his new guy friends as well, but it was nice to finally be with each other again.

"I never liked water-types." Raiden murmured, "I think my fur is still damp from all of that." I blinked, turning in my nest to look at him, and slowly nodded agreement. "Yeah..." Raiden perked his ears, and he studying me with his curious eyes. "You know, I've been thinking."

"Hm?" I looked back at him, failing to stifle a weary yawn. "I've noticed that every time you have a vision, you've touched something." I stared at him in bewilderment, "'Sparks, that's actually really a smart observation." I whispered, "And it's true. Every time I see something, it's after touching something or someone."

"That's not the only thing I noticed, too!" He grinned, honored at being called smart. "All your vision before today were about something that was in the future, right?" I nodded, giving him my full attention. "Well, this time around you saw good old Wigglytuff in the past."

Again, I was surprised by his intelligent observation. "So... In other words..." I murmured, "Sometimes when you touch something you see an event about it's past or future!" He concluded for me, "This is amazing! You must have, like, an epic ability! You're a psychic!"

"Yeah, maybe." I chortled, "Next thing you know, I'm going to teleporting and levitating objects with my mind!" He chuckled at my silliness, then, genuinely smiled at me, "I all seriousness though, Lauren, thanks." I blinked up at him confusedly, "Thanks for what?" His expression softened, his ears drooping. "It's because of you I can achieve my goal of exploring. Truly. I know I can be such a coward at times, but when I'm with you, it's almost like my fear doesn't exist."

"Thank you, for making me the Pikachu I always wanted to be." I stared at him, my eyes soft. "Raiden..." I murmured. His face's red glow suddenly increased in intensity, as well as his calm demeanor, and I couldn't have pulled my eyes away from his if I'd wanted to. "Lauren, I... I think..... I think I'm in l-."

"Hey! You two!" We both whipped around at the commanding tone of voice, our previous conversation was quickly put aside and forgotten. I quickly spotted Chatot poking his beak into our room, his eyes dancing with unrecognizable emotion. "The Guildmaster wants to see you two right away!"

"Guildmaster, I present to you, team Rigorous."

I glanced at Raiden nervously, he shot me a reassuring smile, waving a yellow paw dismissively. "Hiya!" squeaked Wigglytuff, greeting us like old friends. "You two sure have been through a lot today!" He squeals, "Yep! A lot-lot!"

We both nodded slowly, wondering where he was going with this. "I should tell you why I called you here!" He squealed in a childish sing-song voice. "We're planning to launch an expedition soon!" Raiden's ears perked in interest, his eyes glimmering. "An expedition?" He repeated, excitement quavering behind his voice.

"Yep! Normally we would never-ever consider rookies to go on an expedition, but you two are working so very hard!" Raiden shivered in anticipation, his eyes bright. "So we're making a special exception, and including you on the list of candidates for the expedition!"

"T-that's AWESOME!" Raiden squealed, his eyes shining like a beacon. "You're not members yet." Chatot spoke sternly, "Be sure to work hard to be picked." Raiden nodded, clenching his fist. "Right!"