Chapter Two

I woke up to the sound of my father banging on my bedroom door. Here we go... again. I thought to myself. I slowly got out of bed and opened the door for my drunk father.

"Good mornin, beautiful...." He slurred, petting my hair with his shaking hand.

"Morning dad." I sighed, pushing his hand gently away. I could tell he was drunk, and not just because he had a beer bottle in his hand... again.

Suddenly, I felt a hard impact on my cheek. I soon realized that my father had slapped my cheek.

"I am not your 'dad'" He slurred, air quoting the word, dad, "I am your FATHER and you should treat me as such!" He yelled. I sighed as he walked away, holding back a stream of tears to look strong. Sadly, after he was out of view, I shut the door and sobbed into my pillow. I hated when he did this. It was almost every morning, so I should've been used to it... right?

I sniffled and got up to get dressed for the day. Despite me living with my step-father, I was still in college and had classes today. I couldn't help but scold myself in the mirror. I was so ugly; with my (hair color) hair in knots all the time from lack of proper care. My face was another story completely. My (eye color) eyes were laced with loneliness and the skin on my cheeks were red and tender from the abuse. I changed into a baggy sweatshirt and black skinny jeans. I then put on my tennis shoes and grabbed my things before heading out the door and made my way to campus, which was not very far, thankfully.

My friend, (female friend's name), was waiting for me in front of the school. She looked me up and down and made a look of disgust. I twirled and acted like I was a queen, which got a laugh out of (F/N).

"You look awful." She smiled with a giggle under her breath.

"Thank you!" I smiled. She laughed again before patting my back. She knew that I acted like this whenever I wasn't confident in myself or had had a bad day.

"How did you sleep?" (F/N) asked, changing the conversation to a more serious tone. I sighed as we began to walk slowly toward the (pick major) building. Luckily, (F/N) and I had got into the same college and wanted to major in the same thing, so I saw her everyday, which made my day's way better.

"Barely." I sighed with a small self depriving chuckle. "The drunk douche woke me up his normal drunk way. Also, last night I heard hookers downstairs at about 1 in the morning."

(F/N) chuckled at my comment about the hookers. "Try falling asleep to the sound of moaning hookers and the smell of alcohol." I added with a giggle. We had entered the building our class was in but since we were early we walked to the Starbucks that was near the entrance of the building. (F/N) ordered two cups of coffee and gave one to me as we sat down at a small table by a big window. As we sat and sipped our drinks, the quiet pitter patter of rain drops hit the window. We both looked out at the rushing college students as the rain slowly came down harder and faster. In the distance, I saw a man wearing a black hoodie and black skinny jeans staring at me. A green floof of hair peaked out from beneath his hood and his irises flickered between neon green and dull blue. (F/N) caught me staring into the distance and waved her hand in front of my face to get my attention. I turned to her and she let out a sigh of relief.

"What?" I questioned, taking a small sip of my coffee and looking back to the window. The man from before was now gone and the rain was slowing down.

"You were lost in thought again, right?" (F/N) sighed taking another sip of her drink.

"Y-yeah. Sorry." I lied, turning back to my friend and forgetting about the man. (F/N) pulled out her phone and checked the time, almost choking on her drink when she saw the numbers.

"We're gonna be late!" She exclaimed. She stood up, threw away her empty cup and gripped my wrist, pulling me behind her to our class.

"What time is it?" I asked, throwing my half full cup away in a nearby trash can.

"8:58." She said quickly. The class started at 9 o'clock exactly and the teacher was very strict. I understood (F/N)'s rush. I soon sped up my feet as we neared the classroom door. It was just about to shut, but (F/N) put her arm out, stopping the door just in time. We both scrambled in and quietly walked to our seats near the back. We giggled as the teacher started talking the second out butts hit our chairs.

I would've like to be late to that class anyway. The teacher was really old and had a boring monotone voice. I almost fell asleep at least 7 times before the lecture was even halfway over.