Chapter Ten

I heard the door to the basement open after awhile and expected to see Anti walk in, but to my surprise, Mark did. Well, he wasn't quite Mark. He looked like him, but his hair was darker and he wore a grey suit. His eyes a deep red, almost black color.

"Hm..." Was all he said when he entered. He then began to circle me and inspect me as a vulcher would to its prey.

"Ha-Have we met before?" I asked the man as he circled back around in front of me.

"I believe so. Or, you've met Mark perhaps." He replied, still inspecting me. At this point, I didn't care that he could see my body.

"Mark?" I mumbled. How could such an innocent bartender be related to... this? I asked myself, looking the man up and down.

"The name's Dark. And I'm what you'd call an 'evil' version of Mark." Dark answered simply. More questions began to flood into my mind, but I pushed them aside as Dark got closer.

He soon stood over me and pulled my chin gently to make me look up at him. Dark's lips soon morphed into a smirk before he leaned down and locked our lips together. I was surprised and wanted him to stop. His lips were so cold yet warm at the same time. I couldn't tell if I like it or not but when I heard the basement door open, he pulled my neck closer and deepened the kiss before being forcefully pulled away. I opened my eyes to see an angry Anti punching and yelling at Dark.

"Anti! Stop!" I cried. Anti turned toward me, and I immediately regretted speaking up.

"Oh, so you care about him now, huh!?" Anti hissed. His eyes brightened as he grabbed a knife from the table and forcefully placed it against my neck. I could feel the skin on my neck breaking and the warm crimson blood slowly dripping out.

"No. Anti, Dark kissed me!" I pleaded, my throat burned as I squeaked out the words. Anti stared into my eyes intently and pressed the knife harder into my neck, almost about to slit my throat. I stared up at him, my eyes begging for him to pull the knife away. Anti suddenly softened, as if he hadn't realized what'd happened and was now just regaining control. He dropped the knife and lifted my head gently to inspect the cut on my neck. Walking over to the table, he returned with a damp cloth and sat on my lap, then began to clean the scratch. I winced at the burn of the water on the raw, exposed skin.

Once Anti was all done cleaning my neck, he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N). I lost control. I didn't mean to hurt you." Anti whispered before getting up and turning back to Dark.

"We need to talk." Anti hissed through clenched teeth. Dark nodded and made his way up the basement stairs. Then Anti grabbed a syringe full of some sort of liquid and injected it into my neck.

"Sweet dreams, Sweetheart~" He purred into my ear as I felt a wave of unconsciousness cover my mind as I fell into a deep sleep.