Chapter Five

As (F/N) and I made our way down the damp street, strangers looked me up and down. I felt so exposed and uncomfortable. Almost every inch of my legs were out and I hated it. (F/N) forced me to shave my legs because my legs would be out. It felt so weird. Walking down a cold street with completely bare legs. I wasn't used to the sensation since I only wore sweatpants or skinny jeans which covered my entire leg.

"The club is just up here." (F/N) half turned her head to me as she spoke and gently grabbed my wrist as we entered a big crowd. I tried to stay close to her and before I knew it we were out of the crowd. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. (F/N) nudged me, drawing me back to reality, as she took her ID card out of her purse. I nodded and pulled mine out too. The bouncer checked our cards to make sure we were legally allowed to be there before nodding and letting us into the club. It was really loud and really packed. I recognized a few college students from around campus sitting at one of  the bars or dancing in the middle. I felt (F/N) tug on my arm and pull me towards the bar with the least amount of people. She said something to the bartender that I couldn't hear over the music and people, but he soon set two glasses of what looked like whiskey in front of us. As (F/N) was pulling out some money the bartender winked at me and then walked over the next costumers. A frown soon formed on her face as she was about to set the bills down on the counter, but found there was no bartender. (F/N) sighed, gulped down her whiskey, and headed towards, what I assumed was the bathrooms, while shoving the money back in her purse. I shook my head and took a small sip of the drink in front of me. It burned as I tried to swallow it, but I coughed and tried to get the lingering sting to go away.

"You okay?" I heard a voice ask. It was a smooth, almost buttery voice that I could fall asleep to any day, but now wasn't the time for sleep. I looked up and found a bartender standing in front of me. He looked quite nice. He had smooth tan skin that looked purple from the lights, and dark brown hair that also reflected the lights, making it look like his hair was dyed.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." I breathed, remembering his question.

"First time drinking whiskey?" He asked. I nodded.

"First time drinking alcohol actually." He raised his eyebrows in surprise but it was more of a surprise you expected, not very shocking news to him apparently.

"So, why are you in a club, drinking whiskey if you've never had any alcohol before and, by the looks of it, you hate that dress." He eyed me up and down and I felt a warm blush creep into my cheeks. Trying to hide my obvious blush, I just shrugged off his question and instead asked myself the same thing.

"My friend told me it would be fun. She picked the dress." I paused looking down at the sparkly fabric that clung to my body, "And I usually stay away from alcohol because of my dad."

The bartender looked at me and nodded in understanding.

"What's your favorite drink?" I questioned. He shrugged in response and I started to regret asking.

"I can't drink or I could die." He says bluntly as he wipes the counter down in front of him with a rag.

"What's your name?" I asked, changing the subject quickly.

"Mark." He smiled. It seemed by the way he answered that he wanted the subject changed too.

"(Y/N)" I replied before he had time to ask. Mark smiles and I could've sworn I heard him mumble it to himself as if he'd heard it before.

"What is it?" I asked, curious now that it'd been a minute.

"Sorry." Mark said with an awkward chuckle, "H-Have we met before?"

I shook my head as I thought about his question. If we'd met before, I would've remembered, trust me. Nobody could forget your gorgeous face, Mark.

"(Y/N)!" Mark exclaimed, pulling me out of my thoughts. "You major in (pick major), right?"

You looked at Mark dumbfounded. How does he know my major!? A sense of worry crept up inside you, but it went away as Mark explained.

"I sit in the middle area on the right side of the lecture hall." He said. "You sit in the back, right? With... (F/N)."

I just nodded and Mark smiled, more to himself for getting it right.

Mark and I talked for awhile longer until (F/N) finally emerged from the bathroom.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her, gently rubbing her arm. Mark points over to another customer at the other end of the bar and I nod. He then walks away, leaving me to comfort (F/N).

"I ran into Joseph." She sniffled. I sighed and gently rubbed her arm some more. Joseph and (F/N) had been dating for awhile but then she found him cheating on her with one of those girls so you meet and you just know you're not going to get along with. (F/N) dumped him the same day, but it was really hard for her considering how much she loved Joseph and that they'd been together for almost 2 years at that time.

I gently wiped tears that had slowly started to fall onto her cheeks away with my index finger.

"Do you want to go home?" I asked, partly hoping she would say yes, or not. Instead, she wiped away the rest of her tears and sniffled a little to feel better.

"Nope," (F/N) smiled, "We're going to party."