Chapter Fourteen

When I woke up, I was in Anti's bed cuddling him. His arms were wrapped around me tightly and he was asleep peacefully. I sighed and looked at my bandaged forearm remembering the day before. Some faint blood stains bleeding through the bandages. I pushed my face into Anti's chest wanting to forget it all. Regretting my choice and letting the tears drip down my cheeks. I felt Anti's grip tighten ever so slightly around me as he rubbed my back gently.

"It's okay. Shhhh..." Anti whispered in a soothing voice. I quietly sobbed into his chest as he kept rubbing my back gently. I pulled my head away from his chest and he looked down at me, then wiped away some tears from my cheeks.

"(Y/N)..." Anti sighed. "What caused you to do such a thing?" He looked down at me with caring eyes. I tried to look away in shame, but Anti gently grabbed my chin to force me to keep eye contact with him.

"I don't know..." I sighed. It was true, but only really half true.

"(Y/N)..." Anti said, in that sort of tone that just makes you feel guilty.

"I guess I was stressed..." I answered with a shrug.

"About what?" Anti inquired.

"You and Dark. My family. My friend." I sighed. "You both are great, but you guys keep trying to one up each other and I don't want to make either of you mad at me or the other."

Now it was Anti's turn to look down in shame but I saved him the awkwardness and changed the subject.

"I know my dad's never been the best, but he's still my dad. He's the only family I have left." I sighed as I explained.

"Sorry about kidnapping you and all..." Anti chuckled nervously.

"It's okay." I giggle back. "Honestly, this was the best thing that's happened to me, despite the... interesting execution."

"Heh, yeah." Anti chuckled. I sighed in response and we laid in silence. Anti then leaned down and placed a kiss on my lips, drawing me out of my thoughts. I smiled as he pulled away but wanted to kiss him again. Anti chuckled, reading my mind, and leaned down, kissing me again more passionately. He then adjusted our position so he was laying on top of me but kept kissing me. His hands explored my sides, stomach, and hips while his lips made their way to my jaw and left a trail of love bites. I let out a little moan once Anti found the sweet spot on my neck. He chuckled making me squirm from the vibration. I felt Anti's fingers slip under the waistband of a pair of sweatpants that he gave me. He pulled me closer and returned to kissing my lips passionately. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him gently.

"What's wrong?" Anti asked with concern as he looked deeply into my eyes.

"Nothing." I giggled, then leaning up to place a kiss on his lips. Anti chuckled with a smirk and returned the favor with a quick passionate kiss before looking at the time on the clock next to his bed.

"Dark's probably wondering why we're still asleep." Anti chuckled.

"Does he know what I did?" I questioned, the guilt and shame coming back.

"No." Anti huffed. "He left that morning to go run some 'errands' is what he said. He got back this morning."

"Okay." I sighed, almost relieved, "I'm hungry."

Anti chuckled again at my childishness before getting up and helping me get out of bed. We left his room and made our way down to the kitchen. Anti kept his arm around me the whole way down, making Dark growl, which made Anti tighten his grasp on my waist ever so slightly. I giggled noticing the protective nature they both had toward me.

"What's for breakfast, Dark?" I inquired, lightening the tension in the air.

"I made french toast." Dark smiled, obviously proud of himself.

"Yummy!" I smiled, getting out of Anti's grasp and racing over to the counter where a plate of french toast was waiting for me.