【 x. little things 】

Esha pushed a bunch of tops and dresses in Anaya's hand, asking her to try them out. Parth was exhausted after the first two hours of walking from store to store with the two of them, but neither of them seemed to be anywhere finished with their shopping.

Once it was the two of them and Esha was going through the hangers on the rack looking for clothes for herself, she ordered, "Spill the beans."

Parth knew exactly what she was asking about. "What do you want me to say? Isn't it obvious?"

Finding a top she liked, she put it against his chest, silently telling him to hold it for her while she continued looking, "Yes, but it is also obvious that she is sure about wanting a divorce. And, you like her. You haven't liked anyone since I've known you. So, what is stopping you?"

"Esha, it doesn't matter if I like her if she doesn't like me back."

"Then find out." She answered in a bored tone, unable to understand why he was making things complicated. They were both adults.

Parth went on to state his reasons, "Besides, she is just getting out of a bad marriage. I doubt she is looking to jump from one relationship to next."

Esha scoffed, "No one is saying she has to marry you the very next day she is divorced! There's no harm in asking her out and seeing where things go. If she says no, then you have your answer." She pulled out another hanger, "How's this one?"

"Too thin." He grabbed it from her and put it back. "Why are you so insisting anyway? Aren't you the one who doesn't believe in relationships?"

Esha rolled her eyes and grabbed the hanger again. When he opened his mouth to object, she warned, "I'm over 18 years old. Do not tell me what I can or can't wear." He backed off, realizing he couldn't control her as such. She continued, "We're not talking about my beliefs here, Parth. This is about what you believe, and if she makes you happy, then you owe it to yourself to find out. For once, think about yourself and what you want and go for it. You're both mature adults here."

"I don't know." He answered truthfully. He did want a chance with Maahi, the chance he didn't get three years ago. But could he put her through that? How would Maahi react if he did ask her out after the divorce was finalized? Nikita even had warned him to not let his emotions get in the way. But it was exactly what was happening and instead of pursuing it, he wondered if he should be putting an end to them.

Esha questioned, stopping her quest of shopping momentarily, "Okay, answer this honestly. Years from now, will you regret it if you didn't give this a shot?" When he remained silent, she had her answer, "See, I'll explain it from my philosophy. You say I don't believe in love and that may well be true. But, I'm okay with that because I don't have regrets about that, and I won't have them in future either. So as long as I don't hold regret in my heart, my conscious is clear. If I have the slightest doubt that I may regret it, I go for it. If it ends bad or doesn't work out as expected, oh well. Atleast I'll have known it then. If you truly like her and you think you could be happy with her, then take the goddamn risk."

"You realize you're only 18? Too young to be giving such advice." Parth deflected the attention from him to her.

She laughed, "You do remember who my sister is, right? She's bound to rub off a little on me."

He chuckled along. It was true. Anyone would be mature if they had Sanam as their older sister, and had the family life she did.

Anaya returned from the fitting room. She handed over the clothes she didn't want to the employee stationed there, and took the rest with her towards Esha and Parth. Esha advised, "Atleast think about it."