【i. dangerously single 】

Sushant Singh Rajput as Parth Ahuja

  ༺༻ ༺༻༺༻  

Why is it difficult to sit in a car wearing a full-out Indian outfit? 

A salwar or churidaar is manageable, but layers of choli, heels, the frail and the dupatta, with heavy jewelry and bangles is not as easy to slide in the seat. Then, it is also expected that one drives all the way to the destination.

Maahi Kaur was thinking all of this and making her best attempt to not get irritated. Ten more minutes. She convinced herself. Unfortunately for her, the bride's house was an hour drive. Add morning traffic to the mix, and it makes for an easily frustrated person.

The navigator announced, "In one mile, take exit 42B and remain in the left lane."

"Finally." She muttered and started to change from fast lane to middle lane. With half a mile left, she switched over to the exit lane. 

Five minutes later, she pulled up in front of the house. No, scratch that. It could be compared to a mansion, with its grand entryway and four-door garage. Maahi knew that Nikita's parents were both doctors and so they lived in a big house, with quite a lavish lifestyle, but she had never visited. To say, their hometown was the same, but they had met in college two states away. It was the first time Maahi was visiting her house.

Even though the wedding was granted to be a huge debacle and the complete Indian madness, the pre-wedding rituals were open to few close friends and relatives only as Nikita wanted atleast some part of the wedding to be intimate and at the house she grew up in instead of in a banquet hall.

Maahi stepped out of the car and stomped her feet one after the other so the bottom of the outfit was proper. She then leaned inside and grabbed the shoulder clutch before locking the car. Behind her car, another car, a black BMW convertible, pulled up. She couldn't see through the tinted glass, but she reminded herself to put on a smile as she walked up the driveway to the front door.

It was left open and she took the liberty to enter the house. The entryway was empty, and she looked around. She could hear chatters, but couldn't tell how to get there. Neither did she feel comfortable wandering around the place when it was her first time there.

From behind her, a voice called out, "Looking for someone?"

She turned to face the voice and gave a polite smile to the guy in front of her. He was dressed in a dark blue sherwani, but it wasn't the outfit that impressed her. It was his dashing looks. Those deep eyes paired with a faint stubble and sharp jawline yet something playful about his face.

"Hi, you must be Nicki's friend?" When he spoke again, she remembered he had previously asked a question.

She nodded, "Yeah. Maahi. I didn't want to just barge in. Do you know where she is?"

He offered a smile back along with his hand, "Parth." She placed it in his as he commented, "And please, don't be silly."  He nodded her to follow him as he took her through a hallway adorned with photo frames of the family. "Maahi, hmm. Pretty name for a pretty girl."  

She noticed him in a lot of them and assumed he had to a family member. At his attempt to flirt, she was tempted to roll her eyes. She should have known most good-looking guys never left a chance to flirt and act as a douche. 

Seeing she was trying not to cringe, but wasn't as successful, he changed the topic smoothly, "Nicki's talked about you a lot. By the way, if you didn't already figure it out by these photos, I'm her older brother."