【 xv. views & deserts 】

Maahi woke up in the morning, stretching her legs and arms. She turned her head sideways to realize she'd fallen asleep sometime during the movie and didn't even remember it. Her laptop was on the side table and Parth was nowhere in sight. She sat up in concern and looked around for her phone. She didn't have any unread messages from him.

She pushed the covers aside and walked over to the desk where her laptop was. On top of it was a hotel notepad with a message scribbled on it. Surprisingly, she learned he had neat handwriting. It wasn't printed, but it was clearly legible and a mixture of normal and cursive print.

Morning, love. Didn't feel like waking you up... text me when you're up? I have the keys.

She grabbed her phone to message him.

Maahi: You took my keys?! How could you lock me in my own room?

It was just a bit after 7 in the morning, so she understood when his reply didn't come right away. Shaking her head, unable to believe he did that, she walked into the washroom to freshen up. Twenty minutes later, she walked out wrapped in a robe and a towel over her head covering her damp hair.

Parth: It was either staying the night there or leaving. I wasn't sure if you'd be okay with me staying and I obviously wasn't going to leave with the door unlocked.

She smiled, touched at his concern then.

Maahi: Thanks, I think, but now I can't go to the gym :(

Parth: Haha, sorry. I'll try to be there soon?

Maahi: Nah, it's okay. Take your time. I'll just go tomorrow. I already showered.

Parth: Sure?

Maahi: Yes! We still on for later?

Parth: Definitely. :D

Maahi: see you then! (:

After ages, she was feeling giddy and looking forward to the plans being made. She decided to enjoy every bit of it instead of wasting it overthinking, wondering if she should be welcoming this.

༺༻ ༺༻༺༻

Parth walked out of the guest room. Nikita was making breakfast and she looked up at finding him there, "Oh. Hey, I didn't know you were here. I thought you and Maahi went out?"

He chuckled, walking over to plop a piece of scrambled eggs in his mouth, "No, sis. We were both here when you and hubby dearest came in last night." Nikita's expression dropped. "You know, you really should give someone a heads up."

She tried to not be too embarrassed as she defended herself, "Hey, it's my house! Anyway, shut up and eat." She pushed a plate in his direction which he happily took. "By the way, mom called to inform your stuff is back home."

He went to the pot of coffee and poured some for himself in a cup, "Yeah, I got the notification from the movers too."

Sitting at the coffee table, she asked with genuine concern, "Parth, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"This, with Maahi. You couldn't even keep a girlfriend for more than a few months when you'd be in the same place as them, and now? Long-distance; do you really think it's going to work for you?"

He sat as well, "There's always a first time, Nicky." She didn't look convinced, and so he added. "Okay, yeah, I know it's over reaching and I may be in over my head here, but is it wrong that I want to give it a try? I really think we could be something. I already know I really, really like her. What she makes me feel is different than what I have ever felt before for anyone else. Our situation right now may not be ideal and even she needs some time off after this divorce. I think in some way it works for both of us. We'll each have our space and get a chance to explore what we have."