【ii. simply indescribable】

Kriti Sanon as Maahi Kaur

༺༻ ༺༻༺༻

Parth glanced down at his phone screen once again after she left his room. A smile spread on his lips again reading the caller ID. He definitely found her attractive and the way she casually had the conversation with him was a welcoming surprise. There was something about her that captured him.

Perhaps, it was the way she had behaved comfortable around him and shared something quite personal. It caused him to think what else there could be going on in her life. It made him curious about a girl for the first time in a long while. He had never truly been curious and eager to get to know a girl before.

They usually came in his life and went away after a few casual dates.

He shook his head, the smile disappearing as he recalled his history of dating. Nine. He reminded himself, compared to only one of hers – as far as she had admitted. She's way out of your league. He started to drill it in his head. He believed that girls like Maahi were meant for more, not the casual relationship he's had. None of which had lasted more than a few months.

He closed out of the contacts app, opened his messages and texted his friends to see how long it was going to take for them to get here. Then, he locked the screen and disposed of the phone in his pocket. By the time he returned to the backyard, the ritual was wrapping up. Nikita, on her way to taking a bath to wash out the haldi, stopped by to talk to him.

"What happened?" She asked.

"When?" He questioned, making an attempt to be clueless.

She rolled her eyes, "Bro, with the amount of haldi on my face dried out, it' sure you know your friend more than I do. n. heir mom had made him apply it on his face as well when Nikita had acted out, cos quite hard for me to move my lips. Stop pretending and start talking. What were you and Maahi talking about?"

Surely, the haldi had dried and once as a teenager, their mom had made him apply it on his face as well when Nikita had acted out, complaining why she was only making her apply it. Therefore, he knew how irritating it got once it dried and compacted the skin. Taking pity, he put her to ease, "Nothing sis, just things here and there. Yes, like I do with a lot of girls, I flirted. Doesn't mean, like others, she flirted back. I'm sure you know your friend more than I do. So, relax and go shower."

She believed him, but she still warned, "Still, Parth, you're my brother and I love you, but she's also one of my closest friends. You've dated a few of my friends before and it's always ended badly. I refuse to lose Maahi as a friend like others. So, if you're going to mess around, pick someone else. She doesn't need any boy drama in her life right now."

Parth received the warning bright and clear. "I hear you, Nicky, but you're worrying for no reason. I already know a girl like her isn't going to be interested in me."

"Hey, don't sell yourself short!" She scolded, making him laugh.

He teased her for not picking one solid side and sticking to it. "You were just warning me away from her, remember?"

She scoffed, "Yeah? Well, it's complicated. Now I'm going to go spend the next hour in the wash trying to get this off me. Remind me again why I decided to have a traditional Indian wedding instead of just walking down the isle?"

Given her husband was American, she could have chosen the simple ceremony. But no.

Even though it was a rhetorical request, he reminded her. "Because you wanted to wear all the pretty Indian dresses and jewelry."