【 xiv. netflix & chill】

Post lunch, Maahi and Nikita packed up Maahi's stuff from both the apartments. Maahi did take up Nikita on the offer of leaving her extra luggage in her guest room so she wouldn't have to haul it around to the hotel. And then they had Parth use his muscles to load it all up and unload it. Ofcourse, they helped too but they were being leisurely about it while he was being serious about it so he could spend some time with Maahi afterwards.

He had only the short weekend before he'd have to return home and report back to his job.

Given it was the end of the month, Nikita and Blake had their monthly date. Maahi wouldn't let her move it to next even though both she and Blake claimed they wouldn't mind so they could all go out and celebrate.

So, that night, as luck would have it, Maahi and Parth got the chance to be alone. Parth asked, "Can I take you out somewhere?"

She patted the spot next to her on the couch, "How about we just stay in? I don't know about you but I am tired from all the moving about."

He listened and took a seat, "Yeah, I am too. I just figured you might want to go somewhere."

She smiled and shook her head, "Not tonight."

He asked the inevitable question, "So, Ms. Kaur, how do you feel the single life so far?"

She chuckled, "Don't you mean the divorced life?"

He rolled his eyes, "Please, let's not go to the technicalities. As far as I am concerned, you are single first, divorced second."

"Aww," she pinched his cheeks. "Aren't you just adorable?"

He raised a brow in amusement, "Really, love? Adorable?"

"Well, it was sweet." She cheekily admitted. "Anyway, what should we do about dinner?"

"I'm not really that hungry. Something light, maybe? You?"

"Same, how about some quick pasta? Nothing fancy, it'll take barely 15-20 minutes to make."

He was down for it and so both made their way over to the kitchen. Getting up from the couch, Maahi jumped coming to a stop in the kitchen crashing into his back and stumbling back. In amusement, he reached out for her but she'd already ran into the opposite counter where the sink was. She winced twisting her arm around to rub her lower back.

"How much did you and Nicky already drink?"

"Nothing." She answered but he raised a brow in disbelief. "I swear, we didn't. I'm just... happy." The feeling was giving her permission to do silly things.

He did believe her at that. He could see the happiness reflecting in her eyes.

He went to pull out a pot before bringing it over to the sink. He expected her to move so he could turn on the tap behind her, but she didn't. She pretended to be unaware as she checked her nails and the chipped nail polish. He gave a 'fine, be that way' look, not that she saw it as she wasn't looking at his face. Smirking, he stepped closer, having his own pretense that there was no one standing there in front of him. Her tiny frame against his molded as he leaned in.

Her thumb on her index finger froze as her vision filled with his dark green polo shirt. His chest brushed against her skin. His arms wrapped around her either sides and towering over her, he turned on the tap to fill the pan. His breath fell over her ear causing her to contain a shiver. She inhaled deeply but inaudibly, catching a faint whiff of his musky cologne.

After having baited her, he stepped away. Casually as if it had been nothing, he asked. "Get the pasta from the pantry, will you?"

She inhaled raggedly again to gain enough strength to walk without wobbly knees. It was difficult given he had just completely invaded her senses. Then again, what was she hoping for? She was the one who'd started this and he'd shown her who was better in one move itself.