Chapter 1

Camila/You - Saving You - Chapter 1

A/N: So I updated the prologue to this fic not so long ago, so if you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend you read it before actually reading this first chapter. I chose to write this before the next chapter of TBSE because i'm like so interested in the potential of this story that I couldn't resist the urge to write this down (that's pretty weird i'm well aware of it.)

anyway I hope you'll enjoy this first chapter.

Your point of view.

The travel to the checkpoint was silent as we didn't want to draw the walkers attention on us. We were jumping from roof to roof and we had almost reached the checkpoint. I was walking in front of everyone, opening the walk and searching for a way between the buildings as the new group I had just find was following closely. After a few more seconds, we finally reached the right building and I could see our truck, no one was around it, they must have been hiding in it. I retrieved a little mirror from my pocket and began angling it so that it would reflect the sun in the direction of the truck. their answer was immediate as the driver flashed of the lights of the car, twice.

"We're here." I said before I walked to the fire escape stairs at the side of the building. They all followed not saying a word as we made our way down the stairs. There were no walkers in sight as we finally reached the street and the door of the truck swung open. I was expecting to see Stefan but I was met by someone way shorter.

"Kakiiiiiiiiii!!" The little girl from earlier shouted as she ran to the arms of the one with the chocolate brown eyes. The older sister fell to her knees to let her sister jump on her and hugged her tightly.

"Sofi. I'm so sorry, little monkey. I'm so so so sorry." She began apologizing again and again, repeatedly as she held the little girl close. I turned around not wanting to look at this little family reunion anymore as I didn't want to feel jealous or to tear up in front of everybody. I walked to the truck and was met by Stefan this time. He had a grin on his face as he stared at the scene taking place in front of his eyes, he finally met my gaze after several minutes and he sighed playfully at the sight of my emotionless face.

"Oh come on. Don't tell me this little family reunion doesn't tear you up a tiny bit." He said clasping his hands together as he begged me. I brought my gaze back to the people I had met earlier today. The sight of everyone hugging the little girl as tightly as they could made my heart melt and break at the same time as I wished I was the one able to hug my little sister. I made sure not to show my emotions though as Stefan was staring at me intently. I brought my gaze back to him and shrugged it off.

"I don't actually give a fuck about what they do." I said before throwing my bag in the back of the truck and as I was about to climb Stefan stopped me.

"Don't be an asshole. Let's say goodbye." I sighed showing my annoyance and walk back to the little crowd with Stefan.