Chapter 14

Rosalie POV

I was scared. I mean how exactly was the transformation supposed to go? Where was her father Charlie in all this? He said he was going to be here, but he seems to be unavailable. I don't like him already due to the fact he is leaving my mate (his own child) to fend for herself. Bella began to roll over on top of me. It seems my freezing skin was helping her along with her hot fever.

I never would have thought I would be here with my mate waiting for something big to happen like this. I assumed my mate would be a human or a vampire. Thank god I never considered a wolf. How awful that would be for me. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts I looked down at Bella. I began to run my hands through her hair. It felt so silky and smooth. She turned her nose into my hand and began to rub her nose on it. I could tell she was doing this unconsciously because her breathing was still the same and her eyes were closed.

The beast inside me began purring to show our mate that we were comfortable and content. We were also saddened by her abrupt change to pain. The pain was something I and anyone else could feel in their bones. We were her mate and I felt that with ten times as much intensity.

Thinking back on it I wish I hadn't said anything about pain because then it began.

Bella had awoken.