From One Adventure to the Next

After I had assured Ron and Hermione that I was perfectly safe and healthy, we exchanged stories. It turns out, Hermione sent for Dumbledore as soon as they got past Fluffy and he made it to us just in time. Apparently we had been lying in the hospital winh for three days. That explains why I am so hungry.

I had also visited Dumbledore that same afternoon to discuss how I would be returning to camp Half-Blood. I stayed long enough for him to explain that I would apparate with him just outside the Hogwarts boundries. He was also allowing me to leave my school things in his office over the summer so as not to arouse suspicion at camp. I would be however, taking my wand. You never know what might happen.

As soon as he was finished talking, I gave a quick wave and muttered something like,"I was serious about the tea," and sprinted from the room.

The common room was chaos, as everyone was packing their trunks. I put all my school things in my own trunk, but put my muggle clothes, inbisibilty hat, dagger, and Hogwarts, a History. Hermione was quite happy to disguise it as a muggle book using a simple spell. Only I could read it for what it really was.

After our things were packed, Hermione and I met Harry and Ron by the portrait hole. Halfway down the hallway, however I told them I would catch up with them and I took a detour to drop my trunk off with Dumbledore. Then I went to the Great Hall to find that they had saved a seat for me in between Harry and Hermione.

"Thanks," I muttered as Dumbledore was about to start his speech. They nodded in acknowledgment and we all turned to look up at the bearded face of Dumbledore.

"Another year gone! And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were...you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts..." Did I mention how much I love Dumbledore?

"Now, as I understand it, the House cup here needs awarding," he continued. With a sinking feeling, I realized Gryffindor was last and, even worse, Slytherin was first. Remember that thing I said about Dumbledore earlier? I take it back.

He then proceeded to call out the points. Gryffindor was in last with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy-two.

The Slytherin table screamed in victory. Malfoy banged his goblet on the table and, when he saw me looking, smirked at me. I glared back until Harry wisely turned me around.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin," Dumbledore continued with a twinkle in his eye,"However, recent events must be taken into account. I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes..." it was my turn to smirk. Malfoy looked on the verge of tears. Maybe that was an overstatement, but it was funny all the same.

"First, to Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen i many years, I award Gryffindor House thirty points." i reached around Harry and clapped Ron on the back. His face was bright red, almost purple, from embarrassment and surprise. Percy didn't help as he was shouting about Ron beating McGonagall's chess set at the top of his lungs.

When the noise died down, Dumbledore continued again.

"Second to Miss Hermione Granger... for the use of cool logic in the face if fire, I award Gryffindor House thirty points." Hermione covered her face with her hands as I hugged her tightly. Everyone quieted down again after another round of explosive cheers.

Third, to Mr. Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage. I award Gryffindor House fifty points." I swung an arm around Harry and he grinned at me.

"Fourth, to Miss Kasey Jackson for unshaking loyalty to those who weren't as loyal back," Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked slightly ashamed at this and I tried to hide my smile,"and for every ounce of bravery, I award Gryffindor House fifty points."

Everyone turned to grin at me and I receieved several one-armed hugs and slaps on the back.

"I wasn't all that great. I just wandered through everything you guys had beaten and passed out," I whispered modestly.

"But you still came after us," Hermione told me.

"Even when we left you behind on purpose," Ron added.

"And you saved my life and the stone," Harry finished.

"Well, when you put it that way..." I grinned and they laughed,"We're tied with Slytherin!" I said suddenly.

"There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points (Malfoy really was on the verge of tears now) to Mr. Neville Longbottom."

I ran and jumped on Neville's back and we both disappeared under a sea of people. I came up minutes later, gasping for breath, but at the same time, screaming for joy. After I resurfaced, I realized that the green and silver decorations that had previously decorated the hall, were now scarlet and gold. The serpant had also vanished and a huge Gryffindor lion was found in its place.

The Gryffindors celebrated through most if the night, but I merely flopped onto a couch and fell asleep to the beautiful sounds of yelling and laughter of my fellow classmates and friends.

---------------------------------------------

The next morning I met Harry, Ron and Hermione in the common room to say goodbye.

"Why are you not taking the train again?" Ron asked for the third time. I rolled my eyes.

"Because my parents live across the ocean in the U.S. and they can't pick me up from the station," he nodded. Hopefully he finally understood.

"Well see you next year,"Ron held out his hand, but I slapped it away.

"If you're gonna be my friend, then you need to get used to hugs," he blushed as I threw my arms around his shoulders. Hermione burst into tears as I hugged her next.

"You must come and visit us at the Burrow. All of you," I nodded my agreement and told all three of them that I would write daily. Then I turned to Harry.

"Did you really mean that thing about not leaving me out anymore?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Even if I could die?" I asked still unsure. He nodded again.

"I meant what I said. I want you by my side everytime," I gave him a small smile.

"Forever?"

"Forever." he answered firmly.

After one last round of hugs I finally left. I picked up Grace from the Owlry and headed to Dumbledore's office. Inside he studied me over with that twinkling gaze.

"What do you intend to do with the owl?" he asked finally.

"I intend to take it with me. So I can write to my friends. I'm a demigod. It won't be te weirdest thing there," I planned on taking her whether he gave permission or not, but to my relief he nodded his consent.

"Try to hide her as best you can anyway," I nodded in answer.

"Are you ready?" he asked. Another nod.

"Take my arm," he told me.

"But Sir, I thought we had to apparate outside of the boundries," I asked confused. He just winked at me and gestured to his arm again. With Grace (in her cage) in one hand and my bag slung over my shoulder, I stepped forward and tentively touched his arm. As soon as the contact was made, he twisted and we disappeared.

I appeared alone right outside Camp Half-Blood's magical boundries feeling nausious. As soon as I regained the strength to walk, I stumbled towards the Big House to inform Chiron of my presence with one word bouncing around in my head.

Forever