Chapter 17: Limits.

We were now on the ship, heading for Wakanda, a dreadful atmosphere hanging around us. Ross was laid down on a table, keeping his back straight, as I began to work my magic. I was alone in the room, but still could hear the conversation taking place on the other side of the door.

"Our mission was to bring back Klaue. We failed."

It was Okoye.

"That man is a foreign intelligence operative. How do we justify bringing him into our boarders?"

Nakia then spoke:

"He took a bullet for me."

"That was his choice."

It went on and on and on. Soon I had zoned out and focused on trying to heal Ross' spinal chord correctly. I removed the Kimoyo Bead from his wound and added it to my bracelet. Delicately I hovered my right hand millimetres above the bullet wound. Using my left hand I carefully removed the bullet from Ross' back. Now I could begin the healing process.
After about two hours I had gotten  half way through healing the hole in Ross' back. I had mended where the bullet had damaged the spinal chord, meaning he will walk again. Then I started fixing the tissue and muscle that had been ripped. By the time I had worked that far I was drained. Minor injuries are fine but when it comes to major ones like Ross', it drained me of all energy. I pushed myself to keep working. The whole commotion outside had stopped, leaving me to work in quietness.
I let my hands hover over the semi-healed wound and closed my eyes, allowing me to fully concentrate on my healing ability. I had only gotten a little bit further before I became light headed and hit the floor.
——————————————
I could feel myself coming around. I opened my eyes slowly, the sudden burst of light blinding me. I closed my eyes again, to stop the light dots dancing around my vision. Once they were gone I opened my eyes to see T'Challa sitting in front of me. Delicately he placed his thumb above my eye and lifted it slightly, making my eye widen as he shone a light into it. Repeating for the other as well. He lowered the light and looked at me, handing me a glass of water. Waiting a moment to speak.

"How are you feeling?"

I looked back at him, meeting his gaze. I nodded my head as I spoke.

"I'm fine."

He leaned back in the chair he was sitting in and crossed his arms across his chest, raising an eyebrow at me. I simply rolled my eyes at him.

"T, I'm fine. Really. Would I lie to you?"

He leaned forward in his chair, his hand clasped together, resting on his lap.

"About most things, no. About things like this?...."

He waved his finger at me.

"Yes."

I sighed at his response, knowing he was right. When it came to my health or feelings I often lied about them. A small headache had started to arise in my temples as I looked at him, but I kept up the act.

"What do I have to do to prove to you that I'm okay?"

T'Challa stood up and walked over to the cabinet on the far wall. He opened it and took out a small bottle of water. I furrowed my eyebrows as he placed the bottle of water on the table in the middle of the ship, he motioned for me to go to him. I stood up and walked over, ignoring the small headache. I reached the table and placed my hands on it's surface, giving the King a questioning look. T'Challa then began opening the bottle.

"I want you to keep the water in a perfect circle for ten minutes."

He placed the lid of the bottle on the table as he continued.