Chapter 22: Old Friends.

"You'll have the Kings-guard, and the Dora Milaje have been alerted."

"And the Border Tribe?"

"Those that are left."

"Send word to the Jabari as well. M'Baku likes a good fight."

T'Challa states as himself, Okoye and I make our way down toward the little peaceful farm just outside of the Wakandan city. It has been two years since T'Challa had claimed the mantle of King, two years since I became an outlaw in the eyes of the American people and two years since I last saw any of my torn apart family: the Avengers. I don't know what happened to any individual one of them since contact had been limited due to obvious reasons, although I missed them all. The sun glared down on us as we enter the territory of the 'White Wolf', Okoye speaking up:

"And what of this one?"

I follow T'Challa's gaze across the field to see Bucky in the distance, throwing a bag from a pile on the ground onto a partly filled cart, two children watching as he worked.

"This one may be tired of war"

T'Challa started, before turning his gaze to Okoye and myself.

"But the White Wolf has rested long enough."
————————————————-
As we closed in on Bucky I gripped the handle of the case I was carrying tighter, my knuckles turning white. It took him years to recover and he had just healed the wounds of the last war and now he's being dragged into another that is sure to just rip them open all over again.

When we reached Bucky, I placed the elaborate and high-tech equipment case I was holding on the cart. My eyes met with Bucky's for a moment longer than a second before I tore my gaze away and opened the lid, taking a step back as I did so, landing me by T'Challa's side once again.

The former assassin looked at the new vibranium arm sitting patiently in the case. After a few moments, he turned his gaze to me, giving me a knowing look before turning to T'Challa.

"Where's the fight?"

The King let go a small sigh, almost inaudible, before stating:

"On it's way."
—————————————————-

The Quinjet passed through the camouflage force field and into Wakanda's Golden City's valley before landing on the airfield outside the palace, where we were to await our visitors.

Wakanda's King led the way, the Dora Milaje and myself following close behind. Okoye fell into step with T'Challa as they led the march towards the jet.

"When you said we were going to open up Wakanda to the rest of the world........."

Okoye looks to her King before pointing at the jet and continuing

"This is not what I imagined."

"And what did you imagine?"

"The Olympics. Maybe even a Starbucks."

I saw T'Challa shake his head slightly at Okoye's comment as the occupants of the Quinjet disembark. Cap and Nat leading the way, next followed Bruce and Rhodey, with Vision and Wanda slowly taking up the rear.

Steve walked over to T'Challa, his hand outstretched.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something."

He had a small smile prying on his lips as they broke the connection, me finally catching his attention.

"Hey Em."

I walked over to the Captain and wrapped my arms around him, embracing him in a hug.

"It's good to see you Steve."