Chapter 34: Old Friends.

I ran to where the fight was on the surface, just in time to see Steve try to attack Thanos but is easily shielded away by the Mad Titan. Thor took that as his chance to attack Thanos, but it was  blocked by his sword. Thor was beaten, and Thanos too him by the neck, choking him, as he punches the Titan. I noticed that Mjolnir was flicked away as Thanos relentlessly beats up Thor, throwing him into a tree and socking him before throwing him over rubble and socking him again. Thor tried to grab Stormbreaker but Thanos grabbed it and uses it against Thor as he tried to defend himself. However, shockingly, Mjölnir started to float off the ground while Thanos was digging it into Thor, when suddenly Mjolnir flew into Thanos, zoomed past, stops, and flies back, all of us looked on in amazement as Steve picked up the hammer.

I could see Thor's smile as he watched.

"I knew it!"

Thanos  kicked Thor to the ground and proceeded to battle Steve, dual wielding both his shield and Mjolnir.
Captain America proceeded to charge at Thanos, swinging Mjolnir and hitting Thanos in the face, knocking him down. Cap threw his shield and Thanos deflected, he threw Mjolnir to  his shield, creating a shockwave and knocking Thanos off his feet. Steve went on the offensive on Thanos, throwing his shield first at Thanos and quickly hit it back at him again with Mjolnir. He lined his arm back up and underarmed a channel of lightning on Thanos. Thanos eventually got the upper hand. He removed his helmet, stabbed Steve on the leg and knocked Mjolnir out of his hand. Thanos proceeded to destroy Steve's shield with his double-bladed sword and threw him across the battlefield. Steve staggeredly tried to get up.

" In all my years of conquest– violence– slaughter– It was never personal. But I'll tell you now– what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet– I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much."

Thanos' entire army was summoned to the ground which included the Children of Thanos, Chitauri, Sakaarans, Outriders and Chitauri Gorillas. I ran over to Cap, helping him up upon seeing the army descending on Earth. With a fierce determination, he tightened his broken shield to his arm. We shared a knowing look and we stood alone against Thanos' giant army. Suddenly, a crackling came  in on his communicator.

"Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?"

I seen Cap look around him, confused. A yellow portal began to form behind us.

"On your left."

We looked behind to see the portal on Steve's left side. Three figures step through; Okoye, Shuri, and the Black Panther. Tears threatened to fall as I looked at the King of Wakanda, his army following behind; but now was no time for a reunion. Steve and the revived Wakandans shared a look when Sam zoomed in from above in his Falcon armor. As he does, we see dozens more portals opening up all around the battlefield. Through one of these, Doctor Strange descended in. He is joined by Drax, Mantis, Star Lord, and Spider-Man. Everyone watched in confusion and awe as more and more heroes arrived from all corners of the universe, all backed up with forces of their own including Black Panther and his Wakandan army, Valkyrie and the Asgardians, Wong and the Masters of the Mystic Arts and several Ravager ships. Amongst the throngs of heroes  Bucky, Groot, the Scarlet Witch, the Wasp, and Pepper Potts arrived. Nearly every hero had magically been transported to the battlefield to face Thanos' hordes.

"Is that everyone?" Dr. Strange asked.

"What, you wanted more?"

Giant-Man emerged from the rubble of the Avengers facility with Professor Hulk, War Machine, and Rocket. The Avengers, Guardians, Wakandans, Asgardians, and Ravagers took up battle positions. The heroes standing across Thanos' forces. I looked at Steve.

"AVENGERS!"

He summoned Mjölnir.

"–assemble."

Thor maked a battle cry, as did Black Panther and we charge. Thanos raised his sword towards them, commanding his army to charge as well. Then both sides collided.

Cap, Thor and I were fighting. Steve took Stormbreaker but Thor flies to him and passes Mjölnir.

"No, no, give me that. You have the little one."

I smiled at their encounter and decided they had it under control. So i left them where they stood and advanced to elsewhere. Where was that? Clint Barton. That's where. He needed to get rid of the gauntlet. We needed to get those stones back to where they belonged. To reset everything. I made my way towards Clint, knowing he'd need the help.

"Clint, you see those two cliff looking things?!"

I shouted over the comms waiting for a response.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there!"

So I ran and ran and ran, inevitably making it there before he did. All I had to do was wait, hopefully avoiding any of Thanos' minions. But, I wasn't so lucky. They came in a swarm within seconds. I could hold them off and eventually it was down to two. One. None. Or so I thought. I heard the growl behind me as I slowly turned around to see a gorilla mid air, proucing on it's prey: me. Bracing for the impact I shielded my face with my arms, hoping the contact would kill me not the fact he would tear me to threads. But, the impact never came. I took my arms from my face and held them by my side. I turned around to see what had happened to the gorilla. I seen it lay on the ground, dead. The Black Panther standing beside it's body. I felt my heart rate speed up as I looked at him. He took off his helmet to reveal his face, a look in his eyes that I had seen before. However, the tears that laced his waterlines where a new addition. He walked slowly towards me, dropping his helmet in the process. I was frozeb in place. Unable to actually comprehend that he stood in front of me. It was the soft touch of his hand against my face that drew me back to reality, his thumb wiping off the tear that had escaped. The feeling of his lips against mine was something I had longed for ever since that day five years ago. I pressed my forehead against his, not a word spoken between us.

"I missed you." I chocked.

He smirked at me as he stood up straight, picking up his helmet as he did so.

"I thought you would have enjoyed the break away from me."

I acted shocked by his comment and proceeded to knock him over with a blast. I laughed as he groaned on the ground, managing to get himself up. At that moment Clint had arrived with the gauntlet, handing it to me. I nodded at the man and sent a smirk to over to T'Challa, who was ready for battle once again. And with that I ran off, determined to get the gauntlet to Scott's Quantum Van.