Chapter 20: Return Of The King

We were situated outside the building that contained Shuri's lab. People were busy loading up ships of weapons to send across the boarder. Everything was going fine, ships were loaded and airborne, until one crashed from the sky in a mountain of fire and smoke. It landed far out. Quickly we made our way to the edge of the platform, staring at the ship in front of us. Okoye stood beside me, the Dora Milaje behind their General. W'Kabi's  and the Border Tribe stood the opposite side of N'Jadaka, who stood at my side. Then we saw a figure emerge from the flames, the Virbranium suit recognisable anywhere. Okoye spoke from beside me.

"He lives!"

Once again I felt weak at the knees. T'Challa was remarkably still alive, how? I don't know but I didn't care. He was alive and well. I looked at N'Jadaka who seemed more pissed off than anything. The one mission he ever failed. He turned to W'Kabi.

"Kill him."

Okoye then crosses her spear across N'Jadaka's chest, just about reaching W'Kabi's.

"Do not do it, W'Kabi. The Challenge is not complete!"

All W'Kabi did was look at her before staring forward again, drawing his weapon from his cloak and pointing it in front of him.

"Charge!"

Then they were gone like the wind to kill their rightful King. I looked at N'Jadaka.

"What are you doing?!"

"Eliminating the threat."

"You're  a heartless bastard, a heartless bastard that doesn't deserve to be King."

With that I walked away knowing that if T'Challa was back so would Ross, Nakia and Shuri. I left Okoye and the Dora Milaje to put up with Killmonger's shit. I ran through the building until I reached Shuri's lab, where sure enough, I found all three.

"Shuri."

The girl turned around to meet me and immediately ran towards me, embracing me in a hug.

"Thanks be to Bast you are okay!"

I pulled away from her resting my hands on each of her shoulders.

"I couldn't let you have all the fun, now could I?"

Shuri just chuckled at my response and pulling me in for a quick hug. I looked around and saw Ross standing a couple of meters away.

"Good to see the Gorillas didn't eat you." I joked.

"Good to see your smart mouth hasn't gotten you killed."

I pointed at him and nodded my head.

"Slick move, Ross. Slick move."

I heard the doors open behind me and immediately pulled Shuri behind me, incase of a threat, it turns out it was only Nakia coming in. She was fully equipped in the typical Dora Milaje uniform, obviously having no other armour to wear.

"It suits you." I complemented.

"It is only temporary."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Sure."

"Ehem." Shuri interrupted.

She then wiggled her finger between Nakia and Myself, her eyebrows raised.

"You two finished?"

We both nodded in response to the teenagers sarcastic question. She clapped her hands together.

"Good, because we have a King that needs to get his ass kicked."
——————————————-
Ross was given the job of taking down the ships full of weapons that were heading for the border. Nakia, Shuri and I got the job of taking down the King until the Black Panther could take him down for good. I had left earlier than Nakia and Shuri, as they needed to prepare their weapons. I arrived just in time to see N'jadaka become the Golden Jaguar.