Chapter 2

Maddie's POV

I walk offstage and Caleb is waiting there for me with a big smile on his face. I hand the guitar back to him and put a hand on my chest.

"Wow," I say breathlessly.

"You were amazing," he says while giving me a hug after he sets the guitar down.

"You're amazing," I smile to myself, "thank you again for letting me use your guitar."

"Anytime," he states.

After all of the performances are over, it's time to go back to the hotel. Caleb and I had accidentally stayed after everyone left, because we were so caught up in talking and laughing. He is so funny. This boy makes my heart do somersaults. He's perfect.

We eventually notice that the crew people are sweeping and cleaning, and that everyone else is gone. We grab our stuff and he waits for me at the door.

"You hungry?" Caleb asks me.

I giggle, "I mean, a little."

"Let's go get something to eat then."

I nod and then we go down the street. After we eat, we go back out to the street. It's a little after 9:00 and the sun is starting to set. I'm usually a little eerie going out at this time, but Caleb makes me feel safe.

"Hey, do you mind staying out just a little longer?" Caleb says.

"What do you have in mind?" I smile.

"I wanna show you something. You know, before it gets so dark that we can't see it."

"Okay," I laugh.

I feel his hand slip in my mine and we start walking. I notice he is walking a little ways from the town. I get a little nervous and I think Caleb could tell, because he gives my hand a little squeeze.

"You're okay," he says.

I nod and we continue. It doesn't take long until we come to a small waterfall. There are trees all around with different colored flowers and you can see the sunset through them while the sky changes colors.

"Wow," I say, "Caleb, this is so beautiful. H-how did you find this?"

He shrugs, "just lookin' around, I guess."

I scoff playfully and he laughs, I smile at the beautiful scenery, "it really is so beautiful."

"Yeah, but you're more beautiful," he says softly.

My face gets red and I giggle, "Wow, so cheesy."

He laughs, "oops."

I walk further down to the water and Caleb follows. I sit down in the grass and he sits next to me. After a little small talk, he lays down on his back and looks up at the sky. I look down at him before I lay down beside him.

"Thank you for bringing me here," I say softly.

"I knew you would like it," he states.

"I love it."

After a moment, he breaks the silence, while we are both still looking up at the now visible stars, "Maddie?"

"Uh huh?"

"I just gotta tell you something. Get it off of my chest. I don't know if it's wrong or right, but I at least have to try."

My heart starts beating fast, "What is it?" I ask nervously.

"I... oh man... I love you, Maddie. I love you with all of my heart."

"Y-you do?" I say, suddenly not remembering how to breathe.

"Yeah. You are everything. I love every single little thing about you. And I wish you could see yourself the way I see you. You are so perfect to me, Maddie Mae. And I..."

I sit up and look down at him, my vision a little blurry from the tears, "Caleb," I sniff.

"I would do anything to make you mine." He smiles up at me.

I smile back and he sits up with me, "Well," I say softly looking at the sky and then back to him, "all you have to do is ask."

"W-what??"

"Caleb, I have loved you for I don't even remember how long. You have no idea how much I've wanted to hear you say that. I have never met anyone like you. You are so amazing. You are everything-"

I'm interrupted when I feel both of his hands on my cheeks and lips touching mine. I kiss him back and he eventually drops his hands and stares deep into my eyes.

"Maddie?" He says with a huge smile on his face.

"Yeah?" I smile back with a smile the size of his.

"Be mine?"

I close my eyes breathe out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding before opening my eyes again, "I thought you'd never ask."