Chapter 15

Maddie's POV

"How?!" I turn and face Caleb, "it can't be."

"Maddie," he starts.

"She's supposed to be dead," I cry, "Gabby said she was-"

"I know," Caleb says, pulling me in again and holding me tight, "I don't know what's going on."

"She was in our hotel room. What if she tries to hurt you? Or me? What if she's coming after us?"

"Maddie, try to calm down," he says, "I'm not gonna let her or anyone ever hurt you."

"Wait, you know her?!" Bella exclaims.

I turn and look at her, "remember when I was telling you about that girl when we were at the smoothie shop?"

"Oh my gosh," Bella gasps.

"Yeah," I say, breathlessly.

I then explain to the police everything that happened with Hayley before and gave them all the information that I knew about her.

"I knew she was a bad person.. I didn't know she was that bad," Caleb says.

"I know," I state.

"If you don't have anymore questions I'd like to get my girlfriend back to our room," Caleb says plainly.

"Of course," the one cops hands me a card, "please call this number if you can think of anything else we should know."

"Okay," I say softly.

Caleb takes my hand and gives it a squeeze.

"I'm gonna head out," Bella says, shakily.

Caleb and I go back to the elevator and go up to our room. I lay down on the bed and he lays beside of me.

"I'm here for you," he says, wrapping an arm around me.

"Caleb, I'm scared," I say, "she's dangerous."

"Baby, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you," he reassures me.

"But I can't lose you, either," I cry.

"You won't," he kisses my head, "I love you."

"Caleb, I don't wanna stay here," I lay my head on his chest, "I can't stay here. She knows where we are."

"Okay. We can find a different hotel," he says.

I nod, "Maybe one in Burbank or something? I don't wanna be here in Los Angeles and Burbank is pretty close."

"Okay," he nods and holds me tight.

After a few hours, we are in another hotel in Burbank that is only about ten minutes away. I texted Bella to let her know where we are. It takes a while, but I eventually fall asleep, feeling safe with Caleb's arms around me.

The next morning, I wake up and see Caleb already awake.

"Good morning," I yawn.

"Good morning, beautiful," he says, "are you up for rehearsals today? I'm sure you could skip today if you need to. I'll stay here with you."

"No, I'll go. I need a distraction," I say.

"Okay," he gives me a small smile.

We get to the rehearsal building and Catie runs to me, "MADDIE! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" She hugs me tight.

"I missed you!" I laugh.

"HI CALEB!!!"

"Hey, Catie," Caleb chuckles.

I look over and see Gabby sitting on a stool. She smiles and waves at me. I walk over to her quickly.

"Hey, it's been a while," Gabby hugs me, "whats been happening?"

"Gabby, I thought you said Hayley was dead," I say blankly.

She looks at me confused, "she is."

"No, she's not," I shake my head.

"Yes she is. What are you talking about?" Gabby stands up and looks at me, eyebrows furrowed.

I breathe out before telling everything that happened last night.

"Now the cops are looking for her," I sigh.

"Oh my gosh," Gabby says.

"I know," I say.

"Wait, what?" Catie walks over to us, "she's alive? How?"

"I don't know," I raise my eyebrows, "nothing makes sense."

"Maddie, please be careful," Catie pleads.

"I will," I give her a small smile.

"I can't believe this," Gabby looks at the floor, "Hayley's alive."