Chapter 5

(A/N: Short chapter, sorry. And sorry if it's confusing right now. It will make sense soon!)

Maddie's POV

"What happened?" Hayley asks.

"You were standing right there, didn't you hear us?" I ask.

She looks at the floor fast and then back up at me before shaking her head, "I just know Gabby's mad."

"Uh, yeah. She thinks I was hitting on Cade."

"But you love Caleb," Hayley smiles, "she should know that."

"Yeah," I say. The confusion still in my voice, eyebrows furrowed. Something seems off.

"I'm sorry about all of this," she says.

I nod awkwardly, eyebrows still furrowed, "I'm gonna go back to Caleb now."

"Okay, have a good rest of your night."

"You too," I say before walking back to find Caleb.

I find him standing in the same spot I left him.

"You okay?" He asks, concerned.

"I guess, I'm just really confused."

"Wanna talk about it?" He puts an arm around me.

"Maybe tomorrow. I'm extremely tired," I yawn.

"Okay, lets go then."

We walk out and go back to the hotel. He walks me to my room and makes sure I'm okay before he goes back to his own room. I lay in bed and I keep thinking back to how weird tonight was. Then I think of sweet Caleb is and how lucky I am to have him. I'm incredibly grateful to be on this journey with him. Then my mind wanders back to how weird Hayley has been acting. What in the world is going on?