Chapter 17

(A/N: Short chapter.. meh.)

Maddie's POV

"What the hell..." I say.

The lights come back on and I see Hayley with mascara running from her eyes, "you took him," she says shakily.

"No I didn't," I snap.

"You did!" She yells, "you took Caleb from me!"

"You're crazy," I say blankly, walking backwards slowly.

"Caleb was mine, and YOU TOOK HIM!"

"He was never yours, Hayley. He has ALWAYS been mine. Why can't you get that in your head?"

"You're going to pay," she says lowly.

"What?!"

Just then she pulls out a gun and aims it at me, "Caleb is mine and I'm not going to let you keep him from me anymore!"

Caleb's POV

Maddie has been gone for a while. I look at the clock, we were supposed to be on stage a few minutes ago. The door opens and I see Catie and Gabby walk in.

"Where's Maddie?" Catie asks.

"She went to the bathroom. I'm gonna go check on her," I say.

"I'm coming too," Gabby says.

"Me three," Catie says plainly.

We go towards the restroom and one of the crew members come over to us.

"Where's Maddie?" He asks, "she was supposed to be on five minutes ago."

"We're going now to find out," Catie tells him.

I let Gabby and Catie go in first, since it is the ladies' restroom. Gabby takes a deep breath and opens the door. She steps in and Catie follows her.

Maddie's POV

Just as I hear the bathroom door open, I also hear the gun go off, and I feel an EXTREMELY sharp pain in my stomach.

"BITCH!" I hear Catie yell.

I press my back against the wall and slide down it. The door opens again and I see Caleb come in. I also see Gabby run over to Hayley and knock the gun out of her hand before grabbing her neck. Caleb and Catie run over to me.

"Caleb," I cry silently.

Catie quickly takes out her phone to call an ambulance. Caleb holds me with his eyes filled with tears.

"I'm right here, baby. I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry," he says softly.

"Keep your eyes open, Maddie, please," Catie cries.

"Stay with me, I can't lose you," Caleb says.

His tear-filled blue eyes are the last thing I see before the darkness takes over.