Chapter 19

One Year Later

Caleb's POV

It's crazy how much can change in just one year. Mine and Maddie's fan base has grown SO much. Maddie's more, obviously. However, I hate to say it, it feels like Maddie is getting distant from me. It's not her fault, she has just been SO busy. I miss her, but I will never give up on her.

We are moved into the apartments, but we aren't sharing one. But hers is just a couple doors down so we live close together. I'm sitting on my couch when I hear her talking to herself from the hallway. Then I hear her door shut.

I give her a moment before I decide to walk over to see her. I go to knock but she opens the door again before I get the chance.

"Hey, baby," I smile.

"Hey," she smiles back.

"I was wondering if-" I start.

"Caleb, I'm so sorry. I really have to leave now if I don't want to be late," she looks at me with sad eyes.

"Oh... okay," I say.

She gives me a quick kiss before going down the hall, "I'll see you in a couple hours."

Later that evening I hear a knock on my door. I open it and see Maddie with an apologetic look on her face.

"Hey," I say softly.

"I'm so sorry," she says.

"It's okay. It's not your fault," I smile.

"So, they want me to go on tour," she states.

"Oh, that's great. Your own tour?"

"Sadly, no. But it's cool that I get to open for Sleeping at Last," she gives a small smile.

"That's cool," I nod.

"Are you okay?" She asks, concerned.

"Yeah. I've just missed you," I frown.

"I missed you, too," she pouts, "but I want you to go on tour with me."

"Really?"

"Yeah! If you want and can. I need someone to play rhythm guitar for me."

"Of course I will," I smile.

"You're the best," she hugs me, "but I'm really tired so I think I'm gonna go sleep."

"No problem," I say.

She goes out the door and a moment later I hear her door shut. I go to my bedroom and sigh. I hate this distant feeling between us so much. We don't even talk to each other the same. But music is something she's wanted to do all of her life and there is no way I'd ever put myself in the way of that.

But it's like I can't talk to her anymore.